How has God shown Himself in your life?

by Christ Alone 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

This has been a discussion in a couple other threads, so I wanted to see if others have experiences with God that they would like to share. How do you know God exists? Is it just because the Bible says so? Or is there something else that has happened that has convinced you?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

he almost killed my baby.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

So J. Hofer believes in Him, but thinks He's mean. Interesting...

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

yeah, but when called out on it he wasn't man enough to respond... so in fact that doesn't make a difference.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I have had so so many instances where I should have died, or life altering events where things would have gone very bad for me, and things just happen, things I wouldn't have though of, at the right time, which end up being what kept things going well for me and in a sense kept me taken care of. I've also had dreams that in a sense had prepared me and caused me to make split second decisions that saved lives of my family members, where had I not had those dreams things may have turned different. Coincidences can happen, but there comes a point when it's no longer coincidence. I don't have all the answers, but as often as these things happen, I feel a divine intervention. When I am getting down I reflect back on that. Even a 2 months ago another case like that had happened to me.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

eom, you must be a very special human being.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

There are many who have similar experiences. You say he 'almost' killed your baby. What if your baby was GOING TO DIE and he saved him? I 'ALMOST" died at birth as well.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Coincidences can happen, but there comes a point when it's no longer coincidence.

I totally believe that as well, EOM. Too many things have happened in my life where it became impossible to believe that God wasn't involved. I can be mocked by others on JWN about it, but they are experiences that I hold dear to my heart.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

nah, the doctors saved him. but i had a good friend in his early 30s who was a good man and believed in god and he was taken away, so i guess someone must be very special to be saved from death by god. more so if it happened several times.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

That's great Christ Alone. I know many will say or think, if that's the case, why do others have such bad things happen. I believe it's a combination of things. I've had bad things happen as well, but they've made me into a better person. We don't know the future and all the answers, but I trust there is a good reason. If others mock you, they are no better then their jw relatives they complain about not accepting them. People should learn to respect everybody's right to believe in what they want. (unless they are being hypocritical and not allowing others the same)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit