Jesus wife fragment is a fake

by Christ Alone 494 Replies latest social current

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Humanism is like this. It's all about self. There is nothing greater than self. And self dictates everything. There is no greater power outside of ourself, and many (though not all) come to this conclusion because their concept of God did not respond in the way and speed that they thought He would. So He must not exist. I see it over and over again. Yes, I acknowledge that there are those that use science to support their non belief in God. But for many people science was not the reason they stopped believing, but it was a way to explain why they already didn't believe. I'm not saying that is everyone, but I have met many people that are this way.

Blah, blah, blah.

Back at ya', slick, as you're simply kissing the arse of the Big Boss in the Sky, just like any other self-serving wahoo who plays the power game to get a leg up on others.

Unless you haven't heard, JWs abandon their own children by shunning, because THEY personally want to get into the New System, with or without their children (and they can always have more; God will bless them ten-fold, or so the Bible promises). It's not just the JWs, but endemic to the OT:

Abraham was willing to sacrifice his first-born son, since he knew who buttered his bread (YWHW) and knew when asked to jump, the proper answer is to ask "how high"? What did Abraham stand to lose? Nothing. YHWH had promised him that his progeny would form the lineage to serve as rulers of great Nations (kinda a big deal, in a patriarchial time). If God said to kill a child, there must be a good reason: off with his head! Unquestioned loyalty is the lesson.

Same with Job: YHWH tested him by wiping out his children, etc, but rewarded him in spades for his loyalty. Still damned self-serving, as Job didn't want to miss out on the big pay-out in the end, just like suicide bombers think they'll get 70 sky virgins. Same appeal to human greed, since it's the same ancient story.

See, Christianity is far more self-serving and narcissistic than humanism ever could manage: we accept that when bad things happen, that's it. Morality is NOT based on phantom hopes of a reward, but whatever good results in the here and now. And in case you haven't noticed, you can thank science, not religion, for all the good things we enjoy in modern times. The proof is all around you (unless you're too rapped up in your religious rhapsodic delusion to notice).

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I read a ton, and there is no answer to this question. It can't be simulated. The theories that DO exist are ridiculous to me. Mutations on the backs of crystals? Hmmm...

Does God have feet? You can't answer that. At least science has a framework for getting to an answer. Saying you read a ton says nothing about the quality of what you read or your comprehension. However, your understanding of issues does just that.

From the link, you posted, CA:

Some will receive Christ's ambassadors and listen to their words. Others will not. Why the difference?

The bible says God is not partial. Some work righeousness and beg to see and hear him and get nothing. Sounds like you believe things against the Bible. Or else you are setting yourself up to judge that those people ARE not righteous and in that case, you are acting AGAINST the Bible setting yourself up to judge.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And I would like to remind you that if you DO hear this voice that it would be wise to get medical advice to make sure it isn't anything more serious.

ST, I am hearing voices right now. Of course, they are coming from the two people that I can see, hear (because they are talking) and touch, but still.

• still thinking
    still thinking

As long as you're sure they are real people...LOL

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

They drove me from La Guardia to my hotel on Long Island and we are going on some customer calls tomorrow. And I have known them for two years. They damn well better be real.

• cofty
    cofty

Threads like this make me so grateful I not only escaped the borg but went on 9 years later to wake up to the delusion of the christian gospel.

I know it from both sides now, its a shame it toook me another 9 years but at least I know exactly what it is I reject.

• still thinking
    still thinking

EP I'll have to take your word for that...hee hee

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

ST, if they aren't real, then HOW DID I GET FROM LA GUARDIA TO THE ISLANDIA MARRIOTT ON LONG ISLAND?

Which, apparently, in Jesus-land, is roughly equivalent to "Hey, if God isn't real, why did my Social Security check come in the mail today?"

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL EP....You could be in Antarctica for all I know....and I'm sure god made sure everyone got their security cheques today...he's good like that...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Unless 495 Eastbound goes from LGA to Antarctica and they have the Redsox/Yankees game on down there, pretty sure I am in Long Island.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit