What happens if the lights go out during a meeting?

by WTWizard 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Dark Fader
    Dark Fader

The power going out and the meetings getting cancelled was always a hope of mine!

Anyone else wish for it to rain on a Saturday morning so you could blow off field service?!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

That's even better than when the visiting speaker didn't show up on Sunday morning.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    You could say they've been out for years.

Yes, they are always in the dark.

But seriously, most congregations I attended seemed sensible about canceling a meeting for bad weather and would send y'all home for a power outage. Nobody wanted to be there.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I recently attended an assembly where the heat went out. That didn't stop them. I had a sweater.

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Then comes "new light"

• Glander
    Glander

If the hall was built in the last 30 years and has an auditorium seating more than -? people, it is required to have emergency lighting in most jurisdictions.

There are a lot of Halls built Oakie style, converted buildings, etc. that may not be up to code.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

THe last blackout here in NYC 2004?, they held the meeting that night, my mother didn't go, but a friend of her's did and said the brothers held flashllights for the brothers giving the talks, "isn't that lovely how the brothers were able to go on with the meeting"? Actual quote from friend of my mothers, make's ya wanna puke !!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

That's when the Smurfs attack!

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Stupid thread. Don't waste yor time with pointless discussions.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

They don't have emergency exit lighting? That seems odd for a "place of assembly".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit