What happens if the lights go out during a meeting?

by WTWizard 26 Replies latest jw friends

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

The new definition of the word "generation"by the WTBTS was my "emergency exit new lighting". bada bamm!

NJY

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I remember when I was a kid (before cell phones) the lights went out. It happened to be the night my dad got disfellowshipped so the meeting had to continue so they could announce it. I believe they used flashlights for the rest of the meeting.

• andys
    andys

Lets say they are all on a sinking ship and the lights go out and the water starts flooding in, the kingdom hell meeting must go on.............................................................................. just like when the titanic ship was sinking and the band kept playing..............................................................

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Power went out once at a meeting, it was the sunday one, so they just opened the doors. There was a bit of confusion and the brother tried to give the talk, but without a microphone he quickly gave up.

They canceled the meeting but my family stuck around for a while. The power came back on and they were out in the parking lot trying to get people to come back inside.

Two thirds of the congregation left, but we finished the talk and then they decided to cancel the Watchtower Study since there wasn't many people remaining to comment.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "You could say they've been out for years." Adso, page 1

Hah hah hah hah hah!!!

BEST reply on this thread!!!

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

darkness

• TOTH
    TOTH

One of the elders prays to the governing body and receives NEW LIGHT and lights a candle with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYkORev4ACc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit