The Bible-- Full of Errors And Inconsistencies?

by Recovery 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking

I said sprung back in a short time, not necessarly that is was a short time ago.

Life did not 'spring back in a short time'. it evolved over very, VERY long periods of time, We are a product of millions of years of evolution. Our species survived because we passed on the genes that enabled us to live in the existing environment and because mankind has a the ability to control our environment to a certain extent.

The fact that you and I exist today could be considered a wonder....not of a god...but of evolution...because our ancestors were able to adapt to their environments and pass on those genes that make our lives possible.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

There is no evidence that the Exodus happened.

• Recovery
    Recovery

I will start a thread addressing each allegation of actual substance.

• johnnyprc
    johnnyprc

King Solomon

Wong on many counts.

1. Gen. 1:3 has God creating light well before anything else.

2. Organs - nothing in the bible states what you are referring, only the suggestion of sybolism - what you are saying is simply not true.

3. Job's issue was much more than a "bet". There is only one person in that situation that could complain about those events - Job. He never complained, and I am sure felt honored with passing such a universtal test. If the story is true, who wouldn't want to be Job and forever be known by everyone for passing that test???

• johnnyprc
    johnnyprc

still thinking

Thats what some people say, but you cannot prove anything you just wrote. Plus, in a relative way, scientists do think life sprung back very quickly following the cataclysmic event. You are confusing evolution from the beginning with what happened after the extinction event (AKA FLOOD).

MrFreeze

There may not be history proof, but there are circumstantial facts that can lead to that thought. One of the big ones is that the Hittites dominated Palestine during this time with their cities and fortress. The way Israel sprung (yes, same word) from seemingly nowhere as a major force is something history has a hard time answering.

Also, many cities in the area had been shown to have destruction lines in the historic soils correlating exactly with biblical timeframes.

KEEP IN MIND - most scholars said Pontius Pilate was fictitious and made up (as proof the bible was wrong about Jesus), until a few years back when they discovered 1 article that showed he did exist in the same station as the bible said.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thats what some people say, but you cannot prove anything you just wrote. Plus, in a relative way, scientists do think life sprung back very quickly following the cataclysmic event. You are confusing evolution from the beginning with what happened after the extinction event (AKA FLOOD).

There was no "Flood"

It is a myth

There may not be history proof, but there are circumstantial facts that can lead to that thought

Says the person who just told me I had no proof....LOL

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You are confusing evolution from the beginning with what happened after the extinction event (AKA FLOOD).

Your a lark Johnny and maybe a bit of a loon !

First you say dinosaurs were killed by god but you have no evidence even from the written words in the bible.

Then you come out with some information about Pontius Pilate as to imply see the bible is right about everything.

We know people mentioned in the bible are true and some of the events are true, that doesn't mean the whole bible is full of truths.

There are many examples of ancient civilizations writing or depicting images (stories relating) to their select gods, starting far back as the Egyptians,

that doesn't make them true though does it ?

I suggest studying ancient mythology and theology as a means to balance out your knowledge of ancient civilizations including the Israelites/Hebrews.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Recovery, when you respond to those inconsistencies you deem worthy, consider also that there are relative qualities of argument. If there is a simpler explanation, it is more provable and most likely right.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Recovery said:

"I will start a thread addressing each allegation of actual substance."

Better yet: do a search and find prior relevant threads so we don't have to go over it again just for you, and then you can add your arguments at the end. It'll save everyone some work.....

Sor ry Johnnypro, but you cannot dismiss those without disproving tons of evidence that proves that bible writers relied on the best-known science of their day, which was Egyptian and Babylonian, not divine inspiration.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I will start a thread addressing each allegation of actual substance abuse.

Fixed that for ya. Now I'll start. You were smoking crack when you posted your magic vs miracle thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit