The Bible-- Full of Errors And Inconsistencies?

by Recovery 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Recovery
    Recovery

I noticed in the "Magic" thread many former JW's no longer adhere to the Bible as the unerring and accurate word of God. If you feel this way, can you please list any specific reasons/arguments as to why not. This thread isn't for debating purposes, but simply for listing. Having a collection of expositions all together in one thread will be a lot less time consuming. Thanks in advance to all who will take time to participate.

• mP
    mP

goto skepticsannotatedbible.com there are lists with zillioons of contradictions.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The first book features a talking snake.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i cant accept that the earth was made on day one in genesis and light/darkness were created 2 days later. and the entire flood saga... i defended this dogma i mean dog crap untill a few years ago. wow.

• frankiespeakin
  • Recovery
    Recovery

Skeptics Annotated Bible has been shown on numerous occassions to be misleading and inaccurate.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

There are numerous inconsistencies; however, I still believe it to be the word of God.

John says that no man has seen God at any time, yet the Old Testament tells us that Moses spoke with God face to face, and that seventy elders of Israel (with Joshua and a few others) saw God for an extended time...during a meal. Other prophets also claimed to see God. In fact, I don't think the Jewish or Christian religions would be worth a damn had no one seen God.

The inconsitencies aren't severe enough to queer the scriptures in my view, but no writing in which man had a part can be perfect.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

There are so many, but here are three to start.

1. Who created the bible canon, and really how can we trust that it hasn't been altered to suit the control structure of the Catholic church or Paul who probably hijacked christianity to bring back the tenants of the mosiac law as a means of control?

2. Did man invent the sword, or did God (flaming sword in garden of eden)? Why is an object used that so much out of historical context here? Is this a tell of Moses being a fanciful story teller or a crazy leader?

3. The flood account. How did all of the billions of varieties of insects survive the flood when they were not expressly put on the ark (and no, even just a few of each type mathematically could not have fit on the ark)? How did land mamals perform intercontinental travel over seas to get to the ark?

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Genesis 1 vs Genesis 2

God needs a proof reader.

• castthefirststone
    castthefirststone

Matthew 27:49 states Jesus was speared before dying. That part is in double brackets in the NWT to show something is wrong. John 19:30,34 shows that Jesus was speared after dying.

The Watchtower even admits that the spear part in Mat 27:49 doesn't belong in the Bible and only the account in John can be trusted. I suppose the Holy Spirit was on holiday the day when that part was added to the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit