What does your avatar/screen name mean?

by Christ Alone 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Some avatars and screen names are pretty self explanatory, but some...I can't figure out. I just wanted to know why you chose your particular screen name and/or avatar. Mine is easy enough. I believe that the Bible is the complete Word of God and that we can rely on Jesus alone for salvation (and not some outside organization).

There are some screen names that I've wondered about like sabastious and minimus. But I'd like to hear any stories about your sceen name and or avatar. Thanks!

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i believe that gerrit lösch is j. hofer's sole channel of communication.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Jhofer- I always want to slap the smirk off your self-righteous Gerrit Losch face!!

Christ Alone- "Rip Van Winkle" because I tear things apart, I drive a van, and I have an uncontrollable tic that causes me to wink, so friends call me "Winkle". Hope that explains it!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

P.S - Anyone that wants to customize their avatar, go to gravatar.com. You can upload your own pic and it will be used in forums where you input your email address.

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

My name means "Sons of the Watchtower" in Spanish, as JWs are really worshipping the Organization itself, not God or Jesus.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

well my avitar is me and Found Sheep is just cuz JW's think you are lost if you leave and I'm not lost THEY are

• hoser
    hoser

Hoser

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search

Hoser is both a slang term and a derogatory term, originating from Canada and used primarily by those imitating Canadians. [1] It is not often used by Canadians, but it is sometimes used as "typical" Canadian slang by others, unlike the expression "eh?" used frequently by Canadians. The term "hoser" gained popularity from the comedic skits by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas (also known as Bob and Doug McKenzie) in SCTV's "The Great White North" segments. [2]

[edit] Origins

Like the very similar term hosehead, the term may have referred to farmers of the Canadian prairies, who would siphon gasoline from farming vehicles with a hose during the Great Depression of the 1930s. [citation needed] The expression has since been converted to the verb 'to hose' as in to trick, deceive, or steal (e.g., "That card-shark sure hosed me."). Hosed has an additional meaning of becoming drunk - for example: "Let's go out and get hosed." Another possible origin is derived from hockey slang. Before ice resurfacers, the losing team in a hockey game would have to hose down the rink after a game. Thus the term "hoser" being synonymous with "loser".

A hoser's flannel shirt may also be referred to as a "Kenora dinner jacket". (Some regional variations of this term also exist, usually substituting a hoser-stereotyped local community's name in place of Kenora.) [3]

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Based on a PC game back in the days.

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

My wife and I both know the org is full of crap. I want to leave the org and I'm not worried about our family's reaction. My wife has asked if we can just play the fading game to keep the peace. So to this day, I remain a JW in protest.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Based on my dislike of how the WTS is not straight in their teachings or their dealings by the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit