Does God Command Christians To Go From Door To Door Preaching The Gospel?

by Bangalore 144 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

The last two posts carry the impression that the ONLY way to reach people with a message is door to door.

All I can say is that where I live, whenever we get a bushfire emergency, the authorities use much more effective methods than that to order an evacuation:

- otherwise we would have all been cremated long ago!

A lot of effort has been expended, all-right:

- by the WTS trying to twist scripture around, in order to bulldoze the R&F into hauling their bookbags door to door.

Bill.

• freydo
    freydo

It was still to reach THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL.

NOT POUNDING ON DOORS OF PAGANS.

Modern day x-tians will never get it thru their heads that they are also pagan - ie Christian in name only,

As their religions are steeped in paganism

• Recovery
    Recovery

Do some of you actually believe what you are typing? I mean seriously. I will show the blunders made by the opposing arguments quite clearly.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    The last two posts carry the impression that the ONLY way to reach people with a message is door to door.

LOL, not at all. They could go and sit in a church and hope people walk in and hear their message. They could stand on a street corner waving banners. They could use internet forums and hope people find them amongst the millions of internet forums online. They could do radio and TV advertising to drive traffic to their church. But that costs a lot of money. There are loads of ways. I just think the door knocking has a nice 'personal' touch, don't you? Can you really beat talking to people face to face when it comes to personally sharing the good news about god?

• still thinking
    still thinking

As their religions are steeped in paganism

Christianity is steeped in paganism...so what? what have you got against pagans? Aren't they worth preaching to? I thought only god knew what was in peoples hearts.

(damn formatting won't let me get rid of the underline...lol)

• freydo
    freydo

Tell them to renounce all their holidays and pagan traditions.

I've worked Jewish neighborhoods and I've never heard of a Jewish convert.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    It would be like jw's trying to convert Jews today. Fat chance. LOL

So it's not worth your time or effort preaching to a Jew?....good to know. But didn't you say Jesus came to save Israel? Oh I guess that would be 'spiritual israel' and you KNOW who they are before you even speak to them. gottcha!

1/ don't bother talking to pagans

2/ don't bother talking to Jews

Got any more you don't need to preach to?

• freydo
    freydo

Not when you're uninvited and you're the real pagan, not of Israel.

Matt 10:5-6 “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

• Recovery
    Recovery

Aware! - Yes I have been to Jwfacts on numerous occassions but I find their articles misleading/inaccurate regarding doctrinal issues.

Freydo - I am not really sure what your point is. Jesus commanded his disciples to go into the "circuit of the cities of ISRAEL.." He did not send them to the nations. Also Jesus said "search out who is deserving", there were also plenty of Jews who hated Jesus and the message he preached. They were not deemed deserving. But how could they be deemed deserving if they weren't at first preached to? How could this be done unless they talked to every Jew in the city?

NewChapter - Thank you for agreeing that door to door preaching is ethically right and Biblically sound.

KingSolomon - Sorry, but your Every Home for Christ buddies simply don't stack up. They are a collaboration of several different Christian denominations. Definitely not a united message. Besides, when people think of someone coming to their door, do they say "Jeez, those Every Home for Christ members are so annoying?" Of course not. They also believe in pagan concepts such as the Trinity, which definitely means they cannot lead you to a true relationship with God. They only have a total of 16,000 door to door volunteers. After almost 60 years, this is all they have. How will the good news ever be preached in all the inhabited earth with such a small number? Your example does not carry any weight whatsoever.

James_Woods wants to continue to argue that there is no basis for door to door by the early Christian or Christ's disciples. I am not going to argue with someone who refuses to acknowledge what the Bible says.

Everything on page 2 answered.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Not when you're uninvited and you're the real pagan.

What does that mean?

Invited by who? How can you be 'uninvited' when no one has invited you? Do you uninvite them before they are invited? How do you personally know who is the real Pagan to uninvite? Does god tell you NOT to preach to certain people? How do you recognise these people? Do they all have moustaches? Glasses? Green eys? Look like lizards? How?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit