A JW called me a moron.

by shepherd 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• shepherd
    shepherd

yadda yadda 2 - I was not being a moron (at the time, lol) and I really was called one. But thank you for your comment. It's a good reminder of how I was when I was a JW - a judgemental dickhead. I'm so glad I was able to move past it. I hope one day you can too.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Instead he just blurted out 'moron' and walked off.

Maybe he's got you confused with Mitt Romney's religion.

I think I heard someone say that he's a "Moron"?

Doc

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Maybe he was just a not baptizer publisher…

• shepherd
    shepherd

haha DesirousOfChange :))

I have no idea what his standing was in his congregation. All i know is he was stood in front of me at my door offering JW tracts. After I saw other JW's down the street, so although he was alone at my door, he was not working alone. As we know even pedophiles can go from door to door so all I can say is he was a JW representative when he knocked my door.

I was very surprised it went the way it did....but in my years as a JW I even once heard an elder use the F word in a public talk as he got so excited retelling how the walls of Jericho fell down, so I know, unlike yadda yadda 2 , that odd things can and do happen.

btw that elder was so upset with himself he literally cried, and yet all of us laughed and felt so much sympathy for him no one was offended. As with most 'public talks' there was no one from the public there at the time.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh my goodness - that made me laugh to tears! Funniest shit ever from a JW!

Anyway, he sounds like he was just doing "time" for his report, and is on his way out of the whole scam. NO JW would say this.
    I can't help it, I'm still in tears! Great demonstration to do at an assembly! Imagine! LMAO!!!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

HAHAHAHA!!! Funny shepherd!!! Oh how i would have wanted to hug that elder! Precious!!!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I used to live in France, and one day, at a now defunct 'book study', a brother, about 60 years old and overweight, reader at the time, dropped his glasses and yelled a resounding "Shit!" (Fr: Merde!). Total silence, and you could see we were holding back a laugh - but all hell broke loose when he bent over to pick up his glasses and farted - loud one too! I'm serious; we could not stop laughing (there were many kids there too), so the conductor had the wisdom to end the study and call it a night. I'll never forget that... LOL!!!!

• Emery
    Emery

Haha, sounds like he was frustrated because you actually knew your bible. The Watchtower benefits from society's ignorance of the bible. I noticed this at the door when I would be out in field service, most of my return visits were people who fell into this category; The Scripturally Ignorant. All you need to do is show them a scripture (regardless if its in context) and they will many times believe it. I like how Professor Bart Ehrman starts out his lectures regarding textual criticism and the problems found in the NT. He begins by asking the audience prior to a debate or lecture if they believe the bible to be the inerrant inspired word of God, most everyone raises their hand...he then asks, "Okay now, who here has actually read the bible entirely?", and only about 5 or 6 hands are raised in a room of 200-300 people.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well that IS funny. Then after the funny wears off...

This guy came to your home, started a sensitive conversation with you on YOUR door step, and then called you a name.

No, still funny.

BUT, I would have probably followed him back to his car group and told them what had happened. Even caught a partner on the street. I would have made a bit deal out of it and ask who was in charge, and how do I report this, and how it would be handled. I also would have pointed out that their religious freedom and freedom of speech that allows them to knock on doors does not include knocking on private doors to call people names. THAT is harrassment, and perhaps the local police should be made aware of their tactics.

And that would have still been funny!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats a funny story..Love it!..

I can usualy get them laughing,until they give up and walk away..

I`ve never been called names..I wish I could have seen that..

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit