Have you met anyone on the Governing Body?

by Christ Alone 68 Replies latest jw friends

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

MC RubberMallett

"Ken Cook. I suspected him in an earlier thread. I'd give him 4 years from now, he will be up top."

By "up top" do you mean heaven? haha

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I meet Nathen Knor. My folks were in the waiting room waiting for bethel tour. Knor told me not to play with the elevators.

• lohengren
    lohengren
    (Notice how in any video he's in, he's always narrating, never "teaching". Even in the JW history DVDs just released, he doesn't have a speaking part like the rest of GB). Coincidence? Nope. And he's aware...

wait, what do you mean by this?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I have met:

Carey Barber- Friendly

Dan Sydlik- Ok

Milton Henschel- Quiet, but told me a joke

Ted Jarascz- never smiled, nodded hello instead of saying it

John Barr- Friendly

Lloyd Barry- Aloof but smiled often

John Booth- friendly

Gerrit Losch- pragmatic, quasi friendly

Lyman Swyngle- Perpetual scowl on his face

David Splane- Friendly, his wife Linda was(is) extremely friendly

Thats it, never met any of the noobies

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Who was the one that used to pin people down with a biblical riddle? I sat there blushing, stammering, and feeling like a complete fool.

Herd was our DO, so I met him once.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• designs
    designs

Schroder years ago, early 70s, ice felt warmer.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Edit: Removed due to privacy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

P.S - Ulysses Glass was a really really nice guy. He was a gilead instructor and most know his voice because he was the narrator on the Moses drama recordings. I'm surprised he never made it to the GB.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Met Gangas in the 80's at Bethel and Barber at a DC. Gangas was losing it and Barber was an ass.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I met Schroeder once when I was visiting a friend at Bethel. He seemed nice enough. We went to the meeting that Sunday at the congregation where most of the GB attended. I sat directly behind Schroeder and his wife. The public talk was one of the worst I had ever heard, and the WT study was boring.

I thought it was going to be like a super spiritual meeting but it was just blah. I was a bit surprised how lame the answers from the WT study were, even from members of the GB. No insight, no extra researech in their answers. I was also surprised that Al Schroeder spent most of the meeting out of his seat, doing what, I don't know. But definitely wasn't partaking of the fine spiritual banquet prepared by the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit