So, Jesus had a wife.....

by oldlightnewshite 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• glenster
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So, a fictional character based on myths and legends and, possibly an actual human being, may have had a wife. We all know, in reality, that any actual person living even close to the essence of the story, must have been getting some kind of sexual compensation for doing this stuff. If he didn't have a woman in his life, then I would really examine the possibility that he and those men were doing something else in that upper room.

• undercover
    undercover

then I would really examine the possibility that he and those men were doing something else in that upper room.

"Drink from my cup..."

• rocketman
    rocketman

Did the married Jesus hog the remote control? Did he belch? How about taking out the garbage? How did he handle the toilet seat? The questions are endless...

• tec
    tec

We all know, in reality, that any actual person living even close to the essence of the story, must have been getting some kind of sexual compensation for doing this stuff.

No, we do not all know this, lol. Perhaps just a regular joe (and Christ is not that), but even then, no we don't know that.

In any case, what we have is a fragment of a fragment, and there is no way to know the context. Christ (as Bluesbrothers mentioned) is already described multiple times as being the bridegroom, and of having a bride. Even in a paper on the fragment, it is suggested that this was written in the same way as (my true brothers and sisters and mother are those who do the will of my father in heaven).

What would it change for people, out of curiosity? Having a wife is already not forbidden, except that men turned this into some sort of a requirement. It would change none of His teachings.

Peace to you,

tammy

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

...we do not all know this....

• tec
    tec

Oh, come on, even you don't know it, OTWO. Even a regular joe out there might not use preaching to get himself sexual favor. Shocking, I know...

Peace,

tammy

• undercover
    undercover

Arguing about this is like arguing over how a Vulcan man and a human woman were able to have a half-breed son. Vulcan and human biologies, per Dr. McCoy, are completely different. Even McCoy had trouble with the Vulcan body. And they have green blood. How are two species that are so different able to mate and procreate? At best, the offspring should have been more mule like... not a real human, not a real Vulcan.

See... you can over analyze any ole fiction/legend/myth...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Anyone in that position not getting sexual favors is getting sexual release somehow. Imagine Jesus masturbating while picturing all the groupies he is turning down.

• tec
    tec

LOL.. if that is what you like to imagine, then hey, I'm not judging.

But masturbation, and, taking advantage of young women whom you have a position of authority over (lecherous) are two VERY different things.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit