Handgun

by WildTurkey 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

I was wondering how many in here, after leaving the Borg owns a hand gun for protection or learned the martials arts ? I own a handgun.

• LB
    LB

I have a concealed weapons permit and carry everywhere I go.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

nope! doan have gun - but then i doan live in the US

• Angharad
    Angharad

Does a super-soaker count?

After all when we were in it wasnt right to let your kids play with water pistols as this was incouraging violence![8>]

• Simon
    Simon

Where we recently moved from there were quite a few kids in the street who'd have super-soaker battles with me being by far the oldest, slowest and easiest to hit. It was great fun, the kids loved it. I usually ended up p**s wet through of course ...

If I lived in the US I would consider getting a gun but they are mostly illegal in the UK (you can own one but you have to keep it at a gun club now I think). This doesn't seem to stop a lot of gun-crime though which our generally unarmed policeforce have to try and deal with.

However, I'd be worried sick having one in the house with the kids ...

We did have shotguns and rifles when I lived on the farm though (which caused lot's of 'tuts' at the hall) but they are a bit different to having a handgun that you can carry around.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

LoL,Angharad. Well if it had pepper spray in it, it would count.

• Simon
    Simon

hey ... that would be a perfect excuse for always coming off worse - "those damn kids must have loaded up with pepper spray again"

• LB
    LB

Around here we use something called a dip stick. It's like getting shot by about 20 super soakers at once. It's a long tube that holds nearly a gallon of water. With one plunge it empties. We use them when river rafting usually. Great wars.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have a Glock 19. Excellent weapon. Light, accurate, and very little recoil.

I've also done a little Aikido. This is a passive martial art and has no offensive techniques. http://www.aikidofaq.com

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• JeffT
    JeffT

I have a shotgun. Much more effective for home defense. I'm looking into a concealed carry permit, not hard to get here, and exactly what kind of gun to carry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit