I've been shunned from my sister's wedding

by Quotes 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Englishman
    Englishman

Quotes,

Cheer up, you may find that this will alienate your sister from the JW's, you see, it will prey on her mind, so I recommend doing nothing to antagonise her as she will be looking for justification for what she is doing. Be kind and she will end up blaming those responsible instead of you.

Englishman.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

"Your sister adds: "you felt a lot of resentment, and I can't say that I wouln't have done the same thing. But I wish you didn't, and I pray every night that one day you'll take it back, and come back to Jehovah!"

That's not brainwashing dude, she's talking to you from her heart."

You're right, YOYO, the words are coming from her heart, but they're not HER words. They belong to the people who are controlling her heart.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yoyo, you remain an idiot.

Quotes. Tough spot for sure. Of course you must go to the wedding. But please do take the opportunity to point out the wrongness of it all to your sister, she obviously loves you very much. You have her "ear" much more than most of us do with our relatives. (Do be sure to let her know that your wifes first reaction was to just skip it all, out of frustration with "these people").

I think it is especially important to turn down the family pics. It is a great teaching opportunity. It allows you to show that you love your family, by not missing the wedding, but that you will not ACTIVELY participate in their hypocrisy.

"yeah, you want me in the family pics, but 15 minutes later, I can't be with my sister at her reception" "you want to show people pics of the family, but you don't want to actually BE a family- not fully".

And all this with your wife watching. Such a good witness.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

One other thought, Quotes; if you go to the wedding, be AGGRESSIVELY FRIENDLY to the shunners. Let them display their "righteousness."

Maybe some valium or kava kava beforehand would be helpful...

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

JBean: You're wrong.

He is not a criminal, for God's sake!
    You can say that all you want, but the real truth is that he is a criminal just all apostates. He is a criminal in Jehovah's eyes. He's sister sees this, why can't he?

I'm still interested in your comments from your committee meeting. Have you decided to post them yet?
    I don't think I will since I am not liked in this forum. Many will use the information against me.

They belong to the people who are controlling her heart.
    You're right, she's controlled by Jehovah and Jesus Christ.

Yoyo, you remain an idiot.
    If by idiot, you mean faithful to Jehovah, well thanks dude!
  • pandora
    pandora

Yoyo-
    I'm sure that 'idiot' did NOT mean faithful to Jehovah. It's funny how this religion hampers your reading comprehension abilities.

Quotes-
    (((hugs))) I am sure I will be dealing with this same situation in my family soon. I have been tossing the options back and forth. 'What would I do?' I don't think I am as nice as you and many on this forum. My gut reaction is to say that if she doesn't want all of me, then she doesn't get me at all. Like someone else said, they want it both ways. They can't have it both ways.
    Like I said, I'm not as nice as you. I'm sure you will make the right decision for you. I really liked the idea about your wife writing a letter to your sister and letting her know that it is STUMBLING her. Great idea. Just hope that the point won't be missed. Many times they only see what they want to. But your sister seems very perceptive.
    I wish you luck and please let us know what you decide to do and how it all turns out.
    My thoughts are with you.
    -P(J)

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I can understand you. My sister did the samething when she married and she didn't even invited my mother to the wedding. I agree that this is suck but, we must remember that they are controled by an evil organization so, this is not entirely their fault.

We become more attuned to the human condition when we recognize that God is not going to fix our problems.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I would go the KH-Just to show YOUR love- But I would get your wife
    to drop a line after the wedding to say as a Catholic- how disgusted she was with the hate policy- Catholics teach love dont they-
    I was also include the love she has for you - would not let her go to the reception you & her are ONE.
    Pray for them Quotes

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

YOYO

I'll be damned if Jesus would have treated the people the way you propose. You know exactly what kind of people I'm talking about. She equates religous vengence with Godliness. There's no such link, I assure you.

As for Quotes, I hope you just go to the wedding, whisper in her ear that you'll always stand by her, and when SHE'S down and out, she'll realize who her real family is. Stick by her. It just takes time.

ashi

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Yo Yo..

Do you know how silly you sound?
    One day you may awake from the COMA
    the Watchtower put you in. Until
    then, save us your tape recorded
    answers. We have all heard them
    before and the excuses and justifications
    you ramble on about.
    You happy?????
    You need peace of mind. By defending the truth,
    you think Jehovah will take note and reward you?
    Or do you seek to be rewarded by the Elders
    in your congregation? You are the one thats
    afraid. Afraid of rejection? Who knows.
    And to tell you the truth.. You can go rot
    in the KH as far as I am concerned.

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit