• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow. Welcome!

• poppers
    poppers

marked

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Welcome. I'm sorry you've been through such a hard time. I agree with what others have said, be yourself. As a JW, I used to look down on homosexuality. It's really not fair that you should be alienated because of your sexual orientation. Homosexuals growing up in any fundamentalist religion generally have a hard time, and this is certainly no exception.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum, Dyfii.

It doesn't sound like the Watchtower's version of god has been a positive influence in your life. If it is just a man made god, that could explain why it has human foibles, vindictive, genocidal, homophobic, etc.. You may be torturing yourself trying to please something that is nothing more than a figment of some control freak's imagination.

We were born to members of this church. That wasn't our choice. It doesn't automatically make their church the only true one any more than it would if we were born to Catholics, Muslims or athiests.

We were born innocent children with no concept of gods, Armageddon, Paradise, hellfire, heaven, etc.. We are not guilty of anything.

Chris

• lisavegas420
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

((((((Dyfii))))))

You sound like a beautiful and sensitive young person.

I hope you gain the strength to be yourself, your true self. Your family may not understand, but you need to find people who will accept you as you are.

• moshe
    moshe

It's Ok to be gay now- even though some won't totally come out so as to protect their career and public image, but it's more acceptable to be gay today. There is a good reason why President Obama has been a sympathetic champion for gay and lesbian rights. Thank you for sharing your story- and whether you realize it or not, you have taken a big step towards the happiness that awaits you outside of the judgmental KH.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Dyfii!

After an encounter with the "gospel of grace" I gradually changed from RBNS (Religious But Not Spiritual) to SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious).

Now I see everything in a different light...

God...

The Bible...

Homosexuality...

There is enormous healing in the "gospel of grace" which does not demand we change or measure up. God's call is come as you are, right away, to find peace, identity and deep inner healing...

I truly believe God loves LGBTI persons, and hates only the ruling religious clergy class. Isn't that what we see in Jesus when he was on earth?

http://www.godhatesreligion.org.au

(For an indepth alternative scriptural view: http://www.biblehouseofgrace.com/same%20sex%20relationships.html )

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome - thank you for sharing you touching story!

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Accept yourself for who you are, and find friends who will love you for being that person. Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit