I'm lost

by Dyfii 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dyfii
    Dyfii

THIS IS THE STORY OF MY LIFE. Certainly one of the most complicated in the world. (Sorry for my English, I'm French)

I grew up in the truth, and had the enormous chance to have open-minded JWs parents, but not enough i guess.

When I was a little little kid, I never had a crush on little girls, but on little boys like me. To me I wasn't really a boy, I was a girl, and I felt "normal" at this time. My parents always told me that I was a boy, but I never really understood, since I the day when everybody understand what is the difference between boys and girls.

I met my "sister" when we were kids. Her parents was also JWs, and were close friends. We grew together and the more we were the more we kmew that we would always live together no matter what. But, at this time we were young, and I never told her about who I really was.

Things starter to be tought when I really undertood who I was. I was a boy, and I had feelings for other boys. I knew that it was wrong, and that Jehovah's hate homosexuallity. I spent nights crying, asking Jehovah to kill me because I wasn't good (things that a 8 year old kid shouldn't think about). I felt bad. At school boys were laughing at me, telling that I was a fag. I only had girls friends, I was happy with them, I was felling like I belong to them. But sometimes even girls were rejecting me. I was a monster.

I was praying, crying, asking God to make me fall asleep and be a girl the morning after, as I knew that nothing is impossible for him. Of course that never happened, and it was like I didn't deserve it. I was thinking that I was that bad, that God doesn't even want to listen to me.

I felt alone, forsaken even by my God that I loved so much. I think my parents knew there was a problem since they started to yell at me every time I was playing with a doll, every time I was playing with (other) girls. I felt so so bad. I wanted to die, to stop living this painful life...

I started to stop prayin. I was still believing in God and love him, but it was obvious that I was gonna die no matter what. One night after a reunion, (I was 12) decided to tell my "sister" the truth. I never said that I was gay. I said to her that I don't love girls. I think she knew it, but tried to act like she was shocked. She was mad, i don't know if this is the fact that I was what I was or the fact that I never told her before. She told me that I had to change, an that this is not normal. I knew she was right, but I tried so many times to "change", how could I, how would I. A distance between us appears, it was horrible, painful for both of us. She wanted me to change I knew it was impossible and I didn't want to impose myself to her.

Week after week she started to ask questions, she started to try to understand, and she did. What is a sin, is to commit homosexuallity. We sarted to be even more closer. We were talking about boys, about almost everything.

I was 13, when the son of a my father's friend who were 16 selp over, in my room. He started to touch me not sexually first, and I felt like never before. I had a cruch on him since the first time I saw him, and it was actually the same thing for him. I knew it was bad, i knew that I would certainly regret, but it happens. The morning after, I heard that he was just visiting and that he was living with his mother the next week. I was distroyed, he wasn't. Not at all.

I tried to kill myself 3 times. I was 14, Nobody likes me at school, my weight was a problem, I tought that God wasn't there for me, my life had no sense. My parents started to refuse the fact that I was sleeping over in my sis house (thing that takes so much time to become true). I wanted an end.

At 15-16 I decided it was enough. I decided to take control. I lost weight, and accept myself. So did people around me. Since that era, my sis and I began to live without thinking. Giving our confidence to boys. Instead of that part, I have no bad memories about that time. We friends, gorgeous times, parties and so. We both knew that Jehovah was the true God and that, we would become JWs when we will be older. We had sexual experiences, and i think that regreted the most of them. We felt guilty, but thrilled at the same thime.

Sometimes I was telling her that we should make an abstinence veow but she wasn't ready. The next time she was telling me the same and I wasn't ready. Since that weekend she spent at home while my parents were in a foreign country. We decided it was time. We were in the pool, drinking coctaikl, talking about how beautiful would be heaven. Imagine things , laughing, thinking about how OUR house would be (But I didn't feel confortable with the idea of being a boy in even).

I was searching solutions and then I found this im Matthew 21:22 " a nd everything, whatever it be, that you ask for in your prayers, if you have faith, you shall obtain." It was the solution! I started to pray, telling God that I will make efforts, and that according to his scriptures, I can have anything if I believe in him, if I have faith. I was prayin him to be a girl in paradise, i was telling him that I wanted to have a husband that will never make me suffer, i told him that i wanted to gave birth to MY OWN children without fearing anything for them, to live with my sister, raise our kids together, travel the world together, choose our husbands together, and above all to be happy. It was the only things that matter for me.

I went to a psychologist, because I felt like I needed to express things. I didn't told her everything, but not really the religious part. That was the worst experience of my life. My parents wanted to know what I was telling her, she told them everything. Even if i wasn't a minor. They were never supposed to know anything. My parents made me feel bad. They were angry, my mom was crying. I was trying to explain, like I used to explain to everyone. They were angry everything I could said was false, I felt like they were blind eye. I've never been masculine, every time they were talking about me getting married I was going away, all my friends were mostly girls, well it was obvious for everyone except them.

The night of the 17th December 2010, my sister had a car accident and she died. She was 19, I was 18. There is no words that could ever express what felt when they told me that he was over. It couldn't be over. She was stronger than me, she was a Tomboy, always doing crazy things. I was the fragile one, the delicate one it didn't make sense. My all world was collapsing, we was supposed to live together, here and in heaven, never separate. We had plan, things to do, things to live. The only thing I could do was crying. Asking God to kill me to because I can fight alone, I can live without my sister, I can't.

I can tell you, that if Jehovah wasn't there I would be dead too. I was crying, suffering, my heart was totally broken, and something just comforted me. A presence just grab me in its arms and I felt relieved (not recovered). I know it was God, there is no way I could be here without him.

Even if I knew that God was here, I felt horribly alone. I made my veow alone. I wanted to be someone else to change completely. I became proclaimer. My only freind was Jehovah. I started to judge people, to make them feel unconfortable. Even my parents was telling my that I was becoming a fanatic. I thought it was the only way to see my sister again. It didn't last long... I began to depress, to eat bad.

Someday, certainly seeking tender, and affection, I slept with a friend's brother. It wasn't tender, or affectionate. The guilt right after was killing me. I call a friend, which is not really a model, but she was the only jw i trusted at this time. She was knowing me fro 3 years, i had already told her everything for 2 years and she was okay with me and everything. I told her what I did, I was crying, i regreted it so much. She didn't know what to do, she told me to pray. Iwas quite a model for her, she used to admire my fight, but at this time she knew i was only a poor human, nothing else.

I was searching friends like her but it was impossible. They were too religious, or too rebelious. None of them was like me, like us. I learned to accept people, I met some JWs friends (girls for the most) who accepted me, because they knew what I was passing through. They had made mistakes, like me, they were trying to fight, like me.

I finally told my parents about it, because i learned that I wasn't already a JW so I didn't have to tell it to the elders. This was the worst day of my life, after my sis death. They asked many questions, I felt horrible. Since that day, they were constantly on my back.

Then I decided to studying in Canada. I move there, alone. Thinking that she would normaly be there with me, in the plane.. I met gorgeous people here, they are not JW. My parents helped me finding a congregation, and now I'm affraid. Affraid to be judge, to be unaccepted by some who are like my parents. I went throught that so much time with some people that wasn't even christians, and I horrified by the idea of not beeing accepted by my own "brothers & sisters". I don't want to be far from my God, but I don't want to be hurt by anyone.

I'm looking around, and I see people getting married, people in love, friend of mine in courtship, and me, alone as always. I'm telling myself that I will adopt kids and be a single parent. I want to give a chance to one or two kids, to live a correct life, to eat well, to live well. That would be my reason of living while waiting for changement. Every mother wants a little boy. The "girl in me" wants it so much, but i don't know if i'm gonna be a "father" for this little boy. So I guess, I'm gonna adopt a little girl, but it gonna seem so wierd to other people. A "man" adopting a little girl...

I feel like more and more Men are watching me, are smiling at me, but I know that none of them will accept to be with someone they cannot sleep with. No men in this world are ready for that. I'm thinking that maybe I will find someone in the congregation with who I will live a Platonic relationship and who will maybe be my future husband in Heaven, but I'm not sure about that too.

I'm tired, tired of everything. I wanna be happy (really happy) for ones in my life. I wanna have my family" I wanna have my sister. I'm weak, I know that I'm not tought but I want it so much. I don't want anyone to die, but iI want an end. I don't care about what people say, if you have what it takes to live in heaven and the desire of paying attention to your God, there is no way he won't be there for you. Most of people forget that Jehovah is the pith of Justice, he will never destroy someone that can change or who has the qualities that he loves.

I'm so weak, i'm so lost, I want an end. I want a life.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Dyfii - Welcome to JWN. Nice to have you join us.

Still reading your post.

-Aude.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Dyfii - Welcome. Your story is very touching and sad. I hope you will come to know that you are not an evil monster and that your sexual feelings are perfectly normal.

A God of love would never hate you, and your experience after the death of your sister shows that. Please continue posting and let us know how you are doing.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• perfect1
    perfect1

You deserve to be loved and have a partner to share your life with who accepts you.

You dont have to torture yourself. You can have a good, loving life, with a husband and children.

Yes it may damage your relationship with your parents but if they really love you they will be able to support you.

Please dont try to destroy or deny your sexuality or feel so guilty.

To love and be loved is beautiful.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Hi and welcome Dyfii.

So sorry and sad that your best friend died.

"No broken reed will he crush" is one of my favourite scriptures, so many JWs seem to be perfect and righteous and we who are differant feel so unworthy in comparison, yet its so much easier for them they hardly even need Jesus, Jesus himself said he was like a doctor who had come to cure us broken ones, reading how you felt dispair at not succeeding in being how we feel we are meant to be tells me how good you really are and I am less mercyfull and Gracious than God and Jesuswho both know how you suffer in order to be counted one of theirs.

There is also a scripture that says he who is hating his life in this system of things, is safeguarding it for the system to come, Iam not sure how this really works, maybe its a vindication for God that humans are not as happy under Satans rule as they will be under Gods. To you and me both however, I feel the scripture applies, I too am lonely, hopeless and broken, and I too look to God and Jesus to put things right, but it will only happen when Jesus rules the world, not at the moment.

Regarding God making you a woman, only God knows, does he judge a persons sexuality by the mind or the body? Whatever, he will cure the conflict, even though you should be prepared that Gods answer might be to make you hetro-sexual with just as strong desires as you now have, but to be a Father figure who is deeply loved by his children.

What I try and do is appretiate the good things that happen in this twisted world, be nice to everyone and thereby take pleasure in the little bit of happiness you can give to others, and try not to dwell on the things in this world that are beyond our powers to do anything about, but are not above Jesus powers. Wait on him and be as full of happiness as you can be in the meantime under your trying circumstances.

• crystlew123
    crystlew123

I feel as if i should say something here. But being a newbie on this forum im not exactly sure how I should word it, or even if I should come out nd say it. I too am not "normal". I am not homosexul, or herterosexual. I am attracted to people by thier personalities. This ws very confusing to me growing up. I guess I'm bi- lthough I hve not hd a relationhip W a female. In anycse, I never discovered my true self until I let myself see that if God hdn't wnted me to be the way I am, he would not have alllowed this to happend - even back in history. If god wiped all the homosexules out...then how come we have it today ? GOd wants you to be happy- no matter who you are attracted to. The fact that JW try to control who you can love and how you ccan feel is just another Mind Control Game- with them knowing all the rule and you not being told any until you breaak one.

I guess wht I am trying to say is tht BE WHO YOU ARE. Stop trying to hide it. Yes, you my lose friends - but friends who leave you becuse of who you truly are were NEVER your friends to begin with. I leaarned this the hard way. I lost all my so called JW friends when I left 10 years ago- nd I was sad for little bit- but being allowed who I truly am is worth more to me than false friends.

As for family...well thts a little tougher. I k ind of look t that the same way I look at friends. Family is supposed to love you unconditionlly. they rent being true christins if they shun you or never tlk to you again bsed on the fact you werent born with the sexul orgns you believe you should hve. Its kind of like a parent hating thier child because it has an extra toe, or Downs Syndrome. You were born with it. You didnt choose it. They "Made" you, you didnt mke you.

God Luck with all of it

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Dyfii, that was the most touching post I've ever read. I'm so glad you opened up and shared.

You are a special, beautiful person. Don't let ANYONE take that away from you. The only power other people have over you is the power that you give them. Don't let them have the power to make you feel like a horrible person.

There was alot in your post that sounded like you might think you are a woman living in a mans body. Have you ever pursued this to see if that is what you want? There are alot of people that have found happiness in realizing that just because they were born with the sexual organs of a man (or a woman), doesn't mean that that is WHAT they are.

You deserve to be loved and respected.

One thing that I read in your post was that you contantly feel judged by other Jehovah's Witnesses. Sadly, this is par for the course in the organization. Very rarely will you ever find someone that will accept you for who you are. Especially if it has to do with being gay or transgendered. If you remember anything I say, PLEASE remember this. God and religion are 2 very different things. It sounds like you had a spiritual experience where you felt the presence of God. That is VERY special. But remember that that did not have anything to do with the Watchtower organization. It had to do with God knowing that you love Him and He showed you that He loves you too....exactly how you are.

I hope you know that you will not be judged here on this site like you have been all your life. People here realize that the rules that JWs have (and many other religions for that matter) are harmfull and dangerous. You don't deserve to be treated that way.

You said that you are in Canada and studying now. I hope you know that the kingdom hall is not the only place you can go to find friends. Maybe you could attend a support group for LGBT's in your area. You will find plenty of friends there. There are also exJW meetups were people that have been rejected and outcast from the society can go and find each other.

I wish I was in Canada to give you a hug and let you know it will be ok. Please hang on. Look around on this site and see how others have been affected by the organization. There are SO MANY here that have been rejected by Jehovah's Witnesses because of who they are.

Also remember this. God does not judge you for what you do, but for your faith. It sounds like you have a tremendous amount of faith to have been able to hold on all this time and still have a love for God. Remember that He is close to you and will comfort you. Here are some stories of Jehovah's Witnesses that were rejected by their friends and families, yet still held on to their faith in God. http://4jehovah.org/ex-jehovahs-witness-stories/

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

this is your brain on religion. i am sorry about your sis. and the guilt you have endured. be who you are and dont think any less of youself. in fact start now. you are not alone and you will find happiness eventually. be happy, all of the gay folks i know are. and stop expecting an invisible man to take away your problems... not gonna happen. so be happy with who you are. peace and howdy

• whathappened
    whathappened

What a wonderful, touching story. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. We are here for you. You are who you are and don't worry about what gender the person you love is. Love who you want to and don't let anyone rob you of your joy. The times are changing and different kinds of lifestyles are becoming more acceptable.

Please never think about killing yourself again. That's rule number 1. Find someone to love and accept the love in return. You may never have the kind of relationship you want with your parents but that's something you will have to learn to deal with and let go of.

Being one of Jehovah's Witnesses is never going to work for you. My uncle is gay and he had to leave the organisation. They just don't understand and they never will.

Once you learn the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses, you will probably be fine with never going back to the Kingdom Hall. They only accept people who fit into their mold. Don't let them hurt you anymore. Live and Love, my friend.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi DiFyy

I'm going to give you an encouraging scripture.

The second time the voice from heaven answered, 'You stop calling defiled the things God has cleansed.' - Acts 11:9

I declare you clean.

It sounds like you might be in Montreal. There is a great gay community in Montreal. Try and find a way to hook up with them. Just like in the straight world there are gays that play around and gays that are loyal to a partner. You sound like someone who needs a kind and gentle partner who is loyal to you. Keep an eye out for someone like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit