Who here lives in California?

by TimothyT 33 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, OODAD!

I used to vacation in Magalia along the Feather River, down in a canyon (did I get the river correct? Been over 40 years ...)

Yes, those Buttes; also, the Sierra Buttes are not too far away.

Life in Paradise!

CoCo

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Wooo... I live in North Wales in Great Britain.

Jack and I were talking about moving to California to work and live. It will be some time in the future, at least over 5 years time before we apply for visas. We have a dream though. You guys should consider yourselves rather lucky. For us, it seems like an absolute dream. :)

• lil.lady.03
    lil.lady.03

@TimothyT: Hahaha! I live in SF Bay Area and I've always had the dream of moving to London or anywhere in the UK. That has always been a dream of mine.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hey CoCo we will wave as we drive by!

Timothy T....but think about everything that is so close to visit when you live in the UK. Distances are vast in the USA.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I am in the northern part of San Diego county. I can see a sliver of ocean to the west, and sometimes snowy mountains to the east and northeast, including Palomar mountain. Camp Pendleton is to the northwest.

palomar mountainoceanside

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hehe. Lillady03 - We can swap! To be fair UK is a great country! We have a beautiful country! Its nice and liberal and free. There are not so many JWs which is another plus and the place has lots and lots of interesting history. Also it is relativly near to everwhere else and I have seen some and been to some amazing places. The only problem here is the weather. It is truly dreadful.

We want to think about our future and are considering very greatly the next few big moves in a few years. We are excited with the prospect to join you lucky people. :)

• Dagney
    Dagney

Long Beach.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Ventura County, eastern end of the SantaMonica Mountains. FANTASTIC weather here. Maybe total of 15 days a year when it's really icky.

-Aude.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm in the very warm central valley just north east of Sacramento. The climate makes me long for the cool breezes of the SF bay area where I was born and raised. Fall can't come. soon enough.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mrs. Jones:

Just talking to a neighbor about our both anxiously awaiting the cooler temps. We've had lots of triple digit heat here, but it's in the low 90s now. I didn't like the daily fog of The City; nevertheless, I sure miss it now!

Love,

CoCo

Wave to Balaam!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit