It's the 46th anniversary of Star Trek TV series

by moshe 59 Replies latest social current

• Quendi
    Quendi

I forgot to add “Amok Time,” the episode in which Spock returns to Vulcan to claim T’Pring as his wife to my list of favorites. When Kirk gets mixed up in the Vulcan ritual and has to fight Spock, both he and Dr. McCoy are stunned when the regal T’Pau tells them, “This combat is to the death.” I always loved that line.

Quendi

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Love, LOVE Star Trek. Amok Time is a fave. Loved the story about how the actress playing T'Pau couldn't make the "live long and prosper" sign. This side of Paradise is awesome. I also loved the episode with a young Joan Collinswhen they visit earth in the 1930s, City on the Edge of Forever. And who could forget Devil in the Dark, when Spock mind melds with a rock mother.

Oh, and Miri. And The Menagerie, And Space Seed when we meet Ricardo Montalban for the first time.

But I can't really say there isn't an episode I don't love. I'm a huge Trekkie.

It must have aired on non-meeting nights, I can't recall. Our meetings were always Friday nights.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Woo Hoo!!

star trek

• ziddina
    ziddina

This thread needs more pictures...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Yummy....

mr spock

I just noticed - they did a pretty good job of casting and making-up the actor who played a young Spock in the latest "Star Trek" movie...

• Quendi
    Quendi

You are so right to list those other episodes, mamochan13, because they are also among my favorites. I liked all the Star Trek sequel series as well with the exception of Star Trek: Enterprise. It deviated too much from what I considered the Star Trek “canon” to hold my interest. Of all the spinoff series, my favorite without a doubt was Star Trek: The Next Generation. But Star Trek: Voyager was right behind it. Not only did I love that ship and its crew, but it reminded me a great deal of another sci-fi favorite TV series: Lost In Space, only without that show’s camp and silliness.

Quendi

• poppers
  • talesin
    talesin

Mamochan -- how could I forget Space Seed and the Joan Collins episode?

LOL, re Kirk and his wimmins .... we always called him "Captain Jerk"

Q, I never liked Lost in Space, and found it quite boring .... love the old line, though .. DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!

• ziddina
    ziddina

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH!!!

Why has no-one mentioned another great "Star Trek" spinoff - "Deep Space 9"??????

deep space nine

• ziddina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit