Dental Problems are interesting

by Terry 38 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Dental bridges are so old school- even the Egyptians had those!- just no novacaine to deaden the pain

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yeah, but Moshe, look at the fine worKmanship!!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This looks like do it yourself dentistry.

• blondie
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Shirley, it isn't so much the glue that makes it weak. Just the fact that it is a dead tooth after they do the root canal.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thanks for the link Blonde...

• LV101
    LV101

Mr Freeze --- you referred to Shirley mentioning the glue but I'd said my dentist told me the glue whether it's a rt. canal'd tooth w/crown or a capped tooth for cosmetic reasons or chipped tooth, whatever, the glues cause problems. Apparently, the glues are better today --- whatever better means. You are right about the rt. canals being dead teeth and that in itself can't be anything but brittle/dry. I know they don't like you to go long between having a rt. canal done and having the crown placed --- dentist told me yrs. ago don't mess around more than a couple of wks. because that rt. canal is so brittle --- like an egg shell and will bust w/out the crown on.

Quentin brings up a good point how the high costs of dental care seem to escape the attention of health care debates. I don't understand why this isn't more important and addressed.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LV101,

Do you have a problem with the word "root"?

• LV101
    LV101

Broken Promises,

No problem here w/the word at all --- maybe I don't understand your question. I'd much rather have a root canal over an extraction to save a real tooth in my skull. I love going to the endodontist for root canals compared to the oral surgeon for an extraction. OMG!

I have reservation about implants, unfortunately. Don't relish the idea of a bolt being drilled into my jaw bone and I do have a problem w/having a bridge w/adjacent, healthy, teeth sawed down to hold a fake tooth in place for one. I don't like the options.

I've not researched the implants much --- funny, my dentist told me, "don't do that" --- always confidence building.

LV101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit