"Keep close in mind Jehovah's day"

by Splash 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

This is the Sunday Public Address title from the 2012/2013 Circuit Assembly program.

I also found it here:

-- w54 9/15 p.556 Make Wise Use of the Remaining Time

"Armageddon will come on time. We can keep close in mind that day by being busily engaged in Kingdom service."

That was 60 years ago. Can anyone find an older reference?

Splash

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

good catch!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, same old same old, with no proof that stands scrutiny for any of it.

Flogging a dead horse is a much better pastime than what the WT do.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Well the Bible said "Keep close in mind Jehovah's day" long before a Watchtower was ever printed. Let's make fun of that too, why don't we?

• Recovery
    Recovery

Well the Bible said "Keep close in mind Jehovah's day" long before a Watchtower was ever printed. Let's make fun of that too, why don't we?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Well we got two now. Oh joy!

• Emery
    Emery

"Keep close in mind that we have said this for over 130 years."

• steve2
    steve2

Re-reformed ex-JW Recovery adds a further string to his bow: Sarcasm.

Good one. Nicely side-stepping the need for a discussion by citing Scripture. Another discussion short-circuited in true JW-style.

Meanwhile, accountability for endlessly warning about the nearness of the end is shirked in the name of scripture.

There's a verse in the gospels that warns about constantly warning that the day is here when it is not. Reference eludes me. Anyone give me a sarcasm-free answer. Thanks in antipication.

• Emery
    Emery

Recovery, why do the scriptures have so many contradictions, discrempancies, and manuscripts that do not agree with one another?

• moshe
    moshe

Hmmm, 60 years ago? - and 1000 human years = one day for Jehoover, so 60 years is just like a long lunch break for Jehoover- with dessert and coffee. Not very long at all you lazy, unappreciative sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit