"Keep close in mind Jehovah's day"

by Splash 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I know I kept "in fear and expectation of it" FAR TOO LONG!

• Splash
    Splash

Hi Steve2, do you mean this scripture:

As we have heretofore stated, the great jubilee cycle is due to begin in 1925. At that time the earthly phase of the kingdom shall be recognized.... Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old,...

-- J. F. Rutherford, Millions Now Living Will Never Die , 1920, pp. 89, 90.

Oops, wrong Bible, let me try again...

• Splash
    Splash

Um, this one maybe?

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah p. 216 "Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom."

um...

• Splash
    Splash

....Finally. Found it.

(2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2) However, brothers, respecting the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we request of YOU not to be quickly shaken from YOUR reason nor to be excited either through an inspired expression or through a verbal message or through a letter as though from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for your answers Splash. No, the scripture is contained in one of the four gospels about those who 'keep saying the Day is near...'

• QC
    QC

Recovery: I mistakenly thought you’re a study/scholar type? Debate for you is sport, like folks that can't resist the adrenalin rush setting a forest aflame.

Healthy discussion finding truth is not your deal: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/235173/1/Recovery-evil-slave-faithful-slave-from-Scripture:

I’m surprised how spiritually dead this forum is. Lights on, nobody home!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Keep close in mind Jehovah's day. But, don't do anything useful about it--just waste your time warning others about it so they too can waste their time warning yet others. It isn't going to do any good because they are not doing anything useful.

One potential example of how they could have had something potentially useful: Warning people of hyperinflation, and then buying silver. That would have given them a course of action that actually would have protected them should hyperinflation actually come. But just going around warning others of coming hyperinflation, and staying focused on doing that instead of buying the silver, would do nothing to help when it gets here. Likewise, just warning people of Jehovah's day is going to do nothing.

Additionally, this crap has been going on ever since Abraham. The stories go back even farther, to long before the flood. Even Abel was supposed to have been involved in a campaign of warning others of God's wrath (seems that really did a lot of good even back then). But, the period of endless waiting for nothing to happen and endlessly warning others started with Abraham, got going with Moses, and really got going with Tyrant David and the prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah. Warning of destruction yet not letting people know what they had to do to actually benefit. And, since Christi-SCAM-ity took root, it has gotten much worse--adding the element of nothing actually happening.

Since this rubbish has been going so long without results, why waste your time on it? Until they produce an act that will save you (such as the buying of silver to save against hyperinflation), you are wasting your time listening to it or keeping it close in mind.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Ok GB, I'll get right on that. Will it be similar to 1975 again? ahh....never mind ZZZZzzzzzzzLeslie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Well the Bible said "Keep close in mind Jehovah's day" long before a Watchtower was ever printed.
    Let's make fun of that too, why don't we? ...Recovery

The name Jehovah is a 14th century Catholic Translation mistake..

Without the Catholics..

The WBT$ wouldn`t have a name for their Ficticious God..

Or their JW Cult..

And..

The Bible says no man knows the day or the hour..

The WBT$ claims they know..JW WatchTards believe the WBT$..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Well the Bible said "Keep close in mind Jehovah's day" long before a Watchtower was ever printed. Let's make fun of that too, why don't we?

Recovery ... How about you post a scan of your copy of 'The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How?', p. 216 and comment on it in a way that makes me feel like a fool for not getting baptised before 2001?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit