Best EZ 1 Liners to Say to Witnesses?

by LV101 62 Replies latest jw friends

• irondork
    irondork

tag

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That is my list Besty.

LV is not talking about sniping at JWs on the street. It is a function. It is better to build relationships so that they want to talk to you for when you do have a question that specifically targets their situation/background/history etc..

Don't be impatient, LV. Let them throw you a bait, then work with that.

I haven't found one yet that wants to talk about the latest generation doctrine, but it is a conversation ... not a one liner. Was your grandad alive when your grandson was born? You need to know every definition of every word they will use, plus every bit of reasoning they will use before they even get a chance to think about it. Leave one door open and they'll bolt through it. If you see fear in their eyes, smile sweetly and change the subject to Uncle Jekyll's strange affliction.

• laverite
    laverite

Say to the JWs that they need to go to JWN and read EVERYTHING there until they eventually find the posts that discuss what to say to witnesses at the door.

• LV101
    LV101

I, for one, need to follow your post, laverite.

I'm going to try to catch up to the replies this evening but have noticed their were a couple more "sterling" (OMG don't ya hate that term!) comments to copy. Wish we could advertise JWN --- mammoth billboards on every major point in cities eventually to cause brainwashing for hardliners to crack and peek.

Thank you so much. I have a little time before the event to study up/hopefully. Working on a project away from home plus service organization duties in the next few days and losing it time wise.

BLACK SHEEP --- you are so right and knowledge/facts are everything to have the confidence to inform/plant seeds and the right way to discuss w/them. Really funny comment about "sniping". I need that laugh/trust me! After today having to work w/a women's group I might have to use the line "millions living are now dead"! OMG! I can't spend the time I should to hone the W/T history and deceit. Maybe someone should invent a little tape like the religions have (Dr. Stanley on TV) to carry around for learning/memory -- one to sell about the religion and one for ex-witnesses.

Best to all and I appreciate you.

• LV101
    LV101

I'm taking a second to jot down reply -- Moshe's line is always in my head (thank you so much in case I never told you) about blood saving a starving man. I'm dying to use that one.

myelaine --- good to hear from you/thank you. I'm sleep deprived and appreciate the scripture. Do explain the last line/sorry.

Balaamsass -- thanks/great, right to the point, comments - I need more history about crazy Franz's Rhodes' story. Recall he was a walk-on and studied Greek for one/two semesters. Wow, he must be a genius.

Freydo --- love it! Will respond later.

Moonanchu - great point referencing this scripture to blood (will put that one w/Moshe's line). If you on this board could only educate the witnesses! I know you do a phenonemal job for those that come to the board. Thank you for the scripture --- I'll remember that one.

irondork --- "tag"? Do tell. I like the one word.

On page 1 --- I'll reply later (much later, unfortunately). Ahhh, love the reply (I really needed to laugh around midnight) about the "witness protection program" whatever that means but I've interpreted it to be for me, too. I've said some stuff in past and need to be protected! Maybe we should start a witness protection program.

Thanks.

• laverite
    laverite

May I follow up my post with a modified suggestion? When a JW comes to the door, ask them one of the best questions on here, one that they might not be ready for. After they answer, say you got that line from JWN, and that there are so many posts there on what to say to JWs at the door. Tell them that for the good of their ministry, they need to go to JWN to see what kind of opposition they are up against so as to be very well prepared at the door. Perhaps have some BLANK "business card" size cards or even another form of a small blank card handy with a pen (pre-made JWN cards would create major alarm bells). Jot down the JWN website. Emphasize how there is information there they need to see for their preaching work. Do let them know as well that they will probably have to sift through a lot of posts on many different subjects, but it's well worth an hour or so on the site to get to the info that will help them help others. Warmly wish them the very best in their ministry.

• Scully
    Scully

I usually wait for one of them to say something judgemental or hateful. Then I zing them with, "wow, that is loving" or "I wonder if that's how Jesus feels about that" or, my personal favorite: "everyone will know my disciples by the love they have among themselves."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What I have done with 'Millions' plus 'Ancient Worthies' with old time Dubs is remind them of this debacle by getting them to fill in all the details that I was conveniently forgetting.

It is better to act a bit dumb than appear to know too much for their liking.

• Sparlock
    Sparlock

How many people did Jesus shun?

• fedup
    fedup

Rutherford, he was biblical, wasn't he?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit