Best EZ 1 Liners to Say to Witnesses?

by LV101 62 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Any suggestions? Attending an invite (strange we're invited but hoping to make it worth my while) but I don't want to suffer big consequences as I've already said enough wrong stuff. I'm stuck reading Hassan's CCMC book (about half way --- just don't have time and not into it). It causes me anxiety to read and it's like reliving.

Thanks.

• elderelite
    elderelite

"we're not interested"

"we have our own religion"

"we're christians here"

• cedars
    cedars

"Can you show me one scripture in the bible where God uses his Holy Spirit to communicate false information to his servants as a 'makeweight' until truthful information is conveyed at a later stage?"

Cedars

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

What appealed to you about the truth that made you want to learn more? If you already know the story ask them to refresh your memory so you have an idea where to direct your conversation.

• LV101
    LV101

Well, have to say those are right to the point and ez. I like. I don't think they'll ask questions for these answers/darn it! I think reason we're invited is to (a) get a gift and (b) family dynamics --- power move. There's competitive drama that goes on between these 2nd cousins (on inlaw side to my blood). I use services of one (rarely now have started using other people for big stuff). Plus they're trying to score points w/my blood, maybe, by inviting us.

This extended inlaw team really don't want us part of their cult --- they don't like anyone out of their economic status which is normal. However, there's ones attending that are of your status and if they talk about how bad things are/world destruction, etc., maybe I can throw one of your lines out.

Thanks, EE/appreciate.

• LV101
    LV101

Will have to memorize the rest of the comments --- and will respond later. Daylight burning and I'm late.

Thanks so very much for your help.

• Emery
    Emery

My preferred response:

"The bible is full of discrempancies, contradictions, and is not meant to be read literally." - This normally will scare the crap out of them as they would not want discuss or debate this specific issue.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

youre not a jehovahs witness are you? cuz in in the jehovahs witness protection program.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

What would be your response to someone who said the JWs had wrecked their whole family?

Just my 2 cents.

Loz x

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

My top ten:

1. Has the Watchtower ever taught anything that was scripturally incorrect?

2. Is it possible that they are teaching things that are scripturally incorrect today?

3. Since the Watchtower has received new light about the generation that saw 1914, does this mean that those that those Jehovah's Witnesses that were disfellowshiped for the same view that the organization NOW has before they taught it will now automatically be reinstated?

4. Why are you called, "Jehovah's Witnesses" and not "Christians"? Since Jehovah's Witnesses appeal to Isa 43:12; 44:8 for scriptural support that they should be called, "Jehovah's Witnesses" then what was the "new name" prophesied in Isa 62:2? Can't be "Jehovah's Witnesses", for God already used it 20 chapters earlier. Could the new name be "Christian" after our savior "Christ"?

5. If the name "Jehovah" is so important, then why does Acts 4:12 say, "There is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name [v10 Jesus Christ] under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved"? Would this not have been the logical place for God to have used the name "YHWH"?

6. Jn 1:3 says that Jesus created "all things", but in Isa 44:24, God says that he "by myself" created the heavens and the earth and asks the question "Who was with me?" when the heavens and the earth were created. How can this be since if Jesus was created by God, then he would have been with God when everything else was created?

7. If the spirit of a man has no existence apart from the body, why does Stephen just before his death in Acts 7:59, pray to Jesus to "receive my spirit"? How could Jesus receive Stephen's spirit if a man's spirit ceases to exist when the body dies?

8. If there are 144,000 spirit anointed people who have a heavenly hope, and a great crowd of people who have another hope of everlasting life on paradise earth, why does Paul say that there is only ONE hope (Eph 4:4), instead of two?

9. In Rev 19:1, where does it say that the "great crowd" will be?

10. To what was Jesus referring to by the term "this temple" in Jn 2:18- 19?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit