Very Good News Regarding Inexpensive Green Energy That Can Drastically Change Our World

by JamesThomas 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I, like many of you, love science and the new breakthroughs that are happening on almost a daily basis. I particularly am enamored by new nonpolluting energy technologies. Technologies that can put a halt to our CO2 emissions and also be used to easily scrub our atmosphere and waters clean.

Right now, there is a wonderful technology that the mainstream press seems ignorant of -- but yet is backed up by such institutions such as MIT, National Instruments, and NASA -- that looks as if it can offer us very cheap, pollution free energy in the very near future. Perhaps in as little as two our three years.

If you are interested, please seriously investigate LENR (Low Energy Nuclear Reaction). This could be a major life changer for everyone.

Warning: The history and story behind LENR is full of scientific and political intrigue that can easily pull you away. But please don't loose touch with what is happening present day.

j

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking the thread for future research/reference....

• Razziel
    Razziel

This is a fancy term for cold fusion, which we've discussed ad nauseum here.

• Razziel
    Razziel

I invite you to research the concept of Exergy. This is the amount of useful energy that can converted to work given the ambient environment. Let's say I'm able to build a cold-fusion reactor that is able to create a thermal gradient of 2 degrees. Yay, I had a net energy gain! Unfortunately, this is utterly useless in the real world for providing power to the masses.

For comparison, an ocean water power plant in the tropics using a thermal gradient of 20 degrees celsius between the warm surface water and cool deep water would have to pump over 12 million gallons of ocean water per minute to create 100 MW of power.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Razziel,

I have been following this technology for years, and did not just fall off a fucking turnip truck.

Please open mindedly investigate the latest breakthroughs. Unless, of course, you want to continue to fool yourself into believing that you know more than NASA or the MIT professor Dr. Peter Hagelstein, who has been running a LENR since January with an excess heat of 14x input power....just to name one of many LENR successes.

• Razziel
    Razziel

JamesThomas, I will continue to read the latest and greatest as you do. And as a matter of fact, I work with PhD's day in and day out. My company has a joint research facility with MIT in Cambridge as well. They do some great work. And they do a lot of dead-end work. Don't put too much faith in someone simply because they have a PhD. Many are geniuses. And unfortunately, many are morons. The vast majority fall somewhere in between. Just like the general population.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have a simple proposal.

Sell me a unit that I can power my home with and cut myself off the grid, that costs me less than being on the grid.

Where can I get one?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Well I hope there is some kind of breakthrough soon because the world is dying for it, literally. I'm sick of the only technological advances being in boring old digital technology.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I'm still a fan of harnessing the methane from cow flops.

Instead of a computer all you need is a shovel.

Rub a Dub

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How many breakthroughs have been thrown away by the Establishment? Tesla invented a device to extract energy from the sun, treating the electromagnetic field like a battery. Yet, the Establishment prevented it from doing anything. Nuclear fusion appears on the same dead end. Instead, they come up with the stupidest way to generate "alternate energy"--growing extra corn to make ethanol from, and using that as an "alternative fuel". The oil savings are next to zilch from doing that.

Ever since the 1973 Oil Embargo, we have had a warning that we need to move beyond petroleum. Yet, every time something gets going on a small scale, the Establishment buys the technology (usually at ridiculously low prices, using extortion) or regulates it out of existence. As a result, the next time we run into a snafu with oil, we are going to have a super whopper of an energy crisis. I am expecting one later this fall or winter, or at latest next spring, stemming from the United Tyranny of Stupidity helping Israel in its war on Iran (the same crap they did to get the 1973 Oil Embargo going). And this time, expect the whole nine yards--rolling blackouts, gas lines 40 km long with rationing stamps, rationing of natural gas, and so on. All because the Establishment prevented new technology that would make sense.

While they are playing games at the government level, I have been preparing for the rolling blackouts by getting plenty of good lanterns, flashlights, battery chargers, and NiMH batteries (the new low self-discharge batteries work wonders for when you know a crisis is coming but not when). And I have a bicycle to pedal right past the huge gas lines and "Sorry--Out of Gas" signs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit