Watchtower actually right about something!

by Nambo 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

J V2:

"I think doctors see blood as necessary only in cases of severe blood loss like gunshots, car accidents and decapitations."

JV2, thanks for the chuckle...it's been a long day. I'm guessing you meant amputations because I'm guessing no matter how many pints of blood they transfused, it's not going to help if you've been decapitated!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

No. I meant "...decapitations." Pretty quick bleedouts.

I was just playing. I need a little humor in my ex-JW life...

JV

• InOregon
    InOregon

The majority of blood used is not related to surgeries:

Facts about blood needs

· Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.

· More than 44,000 blood donations are needed every day.

· A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S. (2006).

· The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.

· The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.

· The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.

· Sickle cell disease affects more than 80,000 people in the U.S., 98 percent of whom are African American. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.

· More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.

· A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-facts-and-statistics

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Watchtower wasn't right about anything particularly about blood transfusions. Evasive surgery has slowly developed upon other reasons such as

quicker recovery time for the patient. Less blood loss as well meaning less chance of a need of a blood transfusion.

Having the proper blood type on hand giving different circumstances, such war time operations.

Irregardless of the misinterpretation or understanding of the ancient Hebrew dietary law which they derived this outlandishly stupid no BT for JWS.

Its fun to play God in spite of the many parlous circumstances which usually occurs from doing so, many men today are playing with

the said power of god, thankfully not me, I'm an atheist/humanist.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Witnesses who underwent cardiac surgery without a blood transfusion fared better than non-Witnesses

Than non-Witnesses who did have a transfusion, or those who didn't, or all non-Witnesses? That is not clear. The article lacks the details readers need to form a valid conclusion.

There are many variables the article does not talk about. An obvious factor is that "bloodless" surgery is likely to be done by more highly skilled surgeons in better equipped hospitals than average. Another is the relatively low percentage of Witnesses who smoke. Without seeing the details of their methodology, especially matching the abilities of care providers and the underlying condition of the patients, this news report is only...a news report.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bad Science as Ben Goldacre calls it. The claims made by the WT to try to give some semblance of respectability to their murderous Blood Doctrine are of necessity false.

Nothing could make that downright evil doctrine respectable.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I find the thread title insulting to the medical fraternity. On the whole, doctors have used blood as they had no better alternatives. The ongoing pace of invention have taken us to a point where blood is needed less and less. This has nothing to do with JWs. Doctors were looking for alternatives to blood transfusions long before Watchtower quakery in the 1940s decided to claim blood tranfusions were wrong against god.

• cedars
    cedars

I agree with jwfacts. I also think it's insulting and inappropriate to put a positive spin on the JW no-blood policy, tongue-in-cheek or otherwise, given that it has claimed the lives of upwards of 50,000 people.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/222442/1/More-than-50-000-DEAD

Cedars

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I agree with the above two comments, although I'm sure the original poster didn't intend that at all. That would be ridiculous. ;-) I remember reading these kind of articles before, when I was in. JWs love this stuff. It proves that Jah guided them all along. And the puny worldlings know nothing at all!

JWFACTS: "The ongoing pace of invention have taken us to a point where blood is needed less and less. This has nothing to do with JWs. Doctors were looking for alternatives to blood transfusions long before Watchtower quakery in the 1940s decided to claim blood tranfusions were wrong against god."

Exactly. Dubs will never get this simple fact. In the case of massive, traumatic blood loss, blood is still life saving! You can't compare a planned surgery to a trauma when the body is in desparate need for oxiginated red blood cells.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm sure the original poster didn't intend that at all.

I am not so sure - I have seen the original poster make some very strange comments here and I am not at all sure they were done in jest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit