Watchtower actually right about something!

by Nambo 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nambo
    Nambo
    I'm sure the original poster didn't intend that at all.

"I am not so sure - I have seen the original poster make some very strange comments here and I am not at all sure they were done in jest." Wrote James Woods

Oh no, dont say Iam getting a forum stalker. or do you just like being nasty to people that dont share your world view?

Maybe the title is wrong as it can be misconstrued, the article arrived in my JW e-mail alers and as I said, I posted it purely for your interest, I wasnt saying the JW blood policy was right, just that they had made such claims in the blood booklet and for once, they seem to be supported elsewhere, which seems to be unusual.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Nambo, in approximately the past day you have posted these:

1) - The Allies planned to starve every man woman and child in Germany to death after the end of WW2.

2) - The dinosaurs lived concurrently with humans.

Do you see my point? People become highly suspicious when truly ridiculous things are constantly posted.

• cedars
    cedars

Sometimes people just like to say something sensational to spark a debate. It can be very frustrating, especially on such a sensitive subject as this.

Cedars

• besty
    besty
    People become highly suspicious when truly ridiculous things are constantly posted.

Who are these people becoming highly suspicious? Speaking on behalf of JWN are we?

Who defines "truly ridiculous" - thats a bit subjective isn't it? BTW, whats the difference between 'ridiculous' and 'truly ridiculous'?

"Constanly posted" - with 2 examples given out of 400 posts?

This sentence stinks in 3 different ways Mr Woods.

• cedars
    cedars

besty - people are allowed to be subjective on a forum. james_woods is allowed to say that Nambo's posts are ridiculous, and vice versa. Voicing an opinion doesn't mean one is trying to "speak on behalf of" the entire forum. This should be taken as a given, i.e. you shouldn't need to keep typing "IMO" every single time you say something contentious.

Cedars

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Who defines "truly ridiculous" - thats a bit subjective isn't it?

The statement that dinosaurs lived concurrently with humans pretty much defines itself on this front, Besty.

If I posted here in all seriousness that I thought Santa Claus really did live on the North Pole I would expect everyone to question my other statements too.

• besty
    besty

thanks Cedar Wood

you report we decide - all good.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Nambo, in approximately the past day you have posted these:

1) - The Allies planned to starve every man woman and child in Germany to death after the end of WW2.

2) - The dinosaurs lived concurrently with humans.

Do you see my point? People become highly suspicious when truly ridiculous things are constantly posted.

But are they truly ridiculous just because they are outside the world view you have been given and want to defend in an unpleasant manner.

Point 2), I wasnt there, so only have what Iam told and see to go on, I am told they died out millions of years before man, yet I see artifacts that show this wasnt the case, the ruined temple in Cambodia for instance with the carving of a Stegosarus, as just one example, did you watch the vidieo by the way?

So, am I supposed to keep this to myself in case it upsets people like yourself who want the world to be exactly as you imagine, maybe some people here are interested in such things, why does it hurt you so much that I want to share them?

Point 1), You know nothing of history it seems, only the Victors version of the truth that we are the good guys and its everyone else that is evil, no wonder America is allmost permanantly involved in some military activity around the world.

You obviously are not aware of the Morgenthau Plan, have not heard of "The Hunger winter", or seen the documentary about the American Navy pilot Dieter Dengler who was shot down over Vietnam and relates how as a Child in post war Germany they had to eat the wallpaper from the bomb ruins, such was their hunger.

My father was there, he has told me what it was like back then, we were well off though my Grandfather would be gone for days trading items for food from distant farmers, yet you dare to say I am saying "riduculous things", just because you want to maintain your view of the world that I find quite insulting yet will try to refrain form the sort of behaviour you seem to enjoy.

Why dont you educate yourself by buying the history books I mentioned then you wouldnt look so ridiculous by ridiculing something you know nothing of.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You are making my point, Nambo.

You are free to believe the earth is flat too - if you want.

But you can depend on others finding it highly questionable, and that it will diminish your general credibility here.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Nambo,

I wonder how many westerners, Americans, in particular, aware of US Military participation in Gwangju massacre to support Korean dictator Chun Doo Hwan in 1980. (I am sharing a dishonorable and hidden recent US Millitary history not being riduculous nor am I condeming the Military. Truth hurts sometimes)

http://www.workers.org/2005/world/gwangju-0526/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIDKIc9powM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit