Who Really is The Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Recovery 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe
    @ Recovery--Yes, I've met a few personally-

Recovery is trying to bamboozle us into believing he has met some of the F&DS- and he is somehow sure they are of that group, but he doesn't explain what boilerplate criteria he uses-- and WHY, the WT publications can't come up with any names-- when he claims to have some names right in his pocket. The KH is populated by a lot of slick liars- but those lies won't pass muster here.

• Emery
    Emery

Wow, Leo what a great indepth read on the history and background to Matt 24:45-47.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

So Leo, thanks for the Joseph tie-in: very interesting, and so obvious in hindsight when it's explained so clearly!

Here's something I've been pondering, without any explanation, that you may have insight into: any idea why the NWT is the only version to translate "faithful and WISE servant" as "faithful and DISCREET servant"? 'Discretion' seems like an outlier translation for the 'phronimos' adjective, which is usually translated as 'wise', 'shrewd', or 'sensible', as it suggests an added element of keeping secrets (esp those secrets of the master's or household's dirty laundry)....

Discretion:

1. The quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offense or revealing private information.
    2. The freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.

I know the IBS originally translated it as 'wise' in early WT literature, but somewhere along the line they changed it to 'discreet'?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Here is the most scriptual answer you will ever get to this question Recovery.......and please if it's wrong, show HOW it's wrong.

The faithful and discreet slave in Matthew has very little detail, it goes into much greater detail in

Luke 12:41 - And the Lord said: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? 43 Happy is that slave, if his master on arriving finds him doing so! 44 I tell YOU truthfully, He will appoint him over all his belongings. 45 But if ever that slave should say in his heart, ‘My master delays coming,’ and should start to beat the menservants and the maidservants, and to eat and drink and get drunk, 46 the master of that slave will come on a day that he is not expecting [him] and in an hour that he does not know, and he will punish him with the greatest severity and assign him a part with the unfaithful ones. 47 Then that slave that understood the will of his master but did not get ready or do in line with his will will be beaten with many strokes. 48 But the one that did not understand and so did things deserving of strokes will be beaten with few. Indeed, everyone to whom much was given, much will be demanded of him; and the one whom people put in charge of much, they will demand more than usual of him."

Do you see how there is a faithful and discreet slave, a wicked slave, a slave who KNEW what he was supposed to do but didn't so will get many lashes, and a slave who did NOT know what he was supposed to do so even though deserving of many lashes will get few lashes.

What happens to the anointed? What do they do? They serve as kings and priests right? They inherit and rule. Jesus showed MANY illustrations about this process, many invited, few chosen, the kings feast, the bridgegrooms and oil lamps, look at this one though.........

Luke 19:11-23 READ IT. It's about the slaves being given silver. One goes out and does well in vs 17 he says, "Well done, good slave, because in a very small matter you have proved yourself faithful, HOLD AUTHORITY OVER 10 CITIES. vs 19 another did less, but he gets 5 cities. in vs 22 one is judged wicked, gets nothing and what he would have got is given to another.

Now it's taught, that an anointed person is merely invited, but either at time of death or when the end comes, is when it's a done deal correct?

The faithful and discreet slave illustration is the same as all the others, in Luke it shows 4 categories. ALL who are anointed will fall into one of those catagories. Those who are the faithful and discreet are the ones who rule during the 1,000 year reign with Christ. The being appointed over all my belongings is THAT. It's NOT something that happens prior.

The feeding and giving food at the proper time is the same as the slaves being given silver. The anointed get insight and understanding, they are each individually required to work and carry out their assignments.

The body of christ and how everything isn't a head or foot, shows how Christ controls all of it, and in a moment I'll show you how the early christians operated this way as well. Not like we are taught.

But yes, the faithful slave, there isn't a earthly class of it, they can't fall in one of those categories until death or the end. In the slave w/ silver illustration was the wicked slave part of that class before he returned? It was at the end.

Paul gave a VERY GOOD description of how the true anointed act. and he said this so others would know as well. In the first part of this letter he describes all the bad things he was doing, then he says what happened when, 'anointed' in a sense.

Gal 1:15- "But when God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called [me] through his undeserved kindness, thought good 16 to reveal his Son in connection with me, that I might declare the good news about him to the nations, I did not go at once into conference with flesh and blood. 17 Neither did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles previous to me, but I went off into Arabia, and I came back again to Damascus. 18 Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to visit Ce′phas, and I stayed with him for fifteen days. 19 But I saw no one else of the apostles, only James the brother of the Lord. 20 Now as to the things I am writing YOU, look! in the sight of God, I am not lying. 21 After that I went into the regions of Syria and of Ci?li′cia. 22 But I was unknown by face to the congregations of Ju?de′a that were in union with Christ"

Do you see what he is saying? He said when God called him, he DID NOT run into meeting with any humans, he did NOT run to Jerusalem to consult with the apostles, but he went to work. 3 years later he went to Jerusalem and even though he visited Cephas, he STILL DID NOT meet w/ the apostles or anyone. He was unknown to the congregations in Judea.

Look now in Gals 2:1-10(read it, wont' quote it all here) But he said AFTER ANOTHER FOURTEEN YEARS, this is a total of 17.5 years from being anointed, he returns to Jerusalem and this is the FIRST TIME he meets with the apostles. The ONLY REASON he did it was because he was preaching that the gentiles did not have to get circumsized and the others were saying they did. Paul was thinking, wow, if they really must, then my past 17 years has been in vain, since they are still doomed.

He knew they didn't have to, and he wanted to settle that with them. It was settled and it understood that God chose Paul and moved him to help those who were gentiles and not circumsized, and Peter's ministry was for those who WERE.

They were just like the slaves given their silver and went off to do their own projects. Even though not together, it was Jesus controlling them, and their work combined in harmony with what needed to be done. In the illustration of slaves being given silver, does one slave take command and tell them all what to do?

Paul was showing those anointed and getting holy spirit DO NOT NEED HUMAN TEACHERS.

If you reread him speaking about those who keep drinking milk and when will they take whole food. The true understanding of milk is what you are handfed and taught, and whole food is when you are able to read and understand the bible with just holy spitit, when you are not relying on another human.

God's people and those he appoints would be everywhere, and even though not organized under one thing, the truth of the bible, the truth and message, all of it is in harmony.

When you read the scriptures about the early christians, how some could understand scriptures, some prophesy, etc, those who took whole food, when they got together would share what they learned or thought they learned, and everyone was just upbuilt on learning together and serving together.

1 John 2:27 - As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things.

So this is what the bible teaches. The GB teaches that THEY ALONE can do this. That anointed won't get understanding, they don't even consult with other anointed. They also teach to not harbor personal views on scriptures, to trust what they teach. I noticed earlier you said you were reading the daniel prophecy, read the part about the king who puts himself above God proclaiming to be God and also using bits of truth to deceive EVEN THE CHOSEN ONES.

They have blocked the true anointed from getting holy spirit because they will believe it's Satan or they are going astray. They have put themselves above the bible and even added to the bible by asking everyone to take what they say as from Jehovah himself. If you read my post asking you questions, you will see they are guilty of beating, abusing, deceiving.

If anything I said is wrong, please show me how it's wrong.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

O and to add to this, the 7 congregations in Revelation are in harmony with this as well. It goes to show that the congregations that end up being formed, all are not the same, and all have things they need to work on. Nowhere in the bible is a fully world wide organization that must be followed shown. Not until the true new world.

• Diest
    Diest

I am not sure who the Faithful and Discreet Slave is, but I would be in love with any woman who wore this shirt.....

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Well Recovery ... apparently the Faithful and Discreet Slave has answered this question for you today ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit