"No Other Magazine Comes Close" - Watchtower's new slogan...

by cedars 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No other magazines has as much lies, bullshit and misinformation in the world,

no other magazines comes close, well maybe the National Enquirer !

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

They don't get it. Even if YouTube is the perfect forum for them (I.e. 'We talk, you listen'), you still expose JWs and interested ones to the rest of what is on the Internet.

This will kill them. Do you know how easy it is to look for this video and find others? Wow! They are incredibly naive, the GB that is. Who talked them into this?

its clear that GB 2.0 has no idea how to run a cult!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

"No other magazine comes close"

Isn't "The Plain Truth" being published anymore?

hmmm seems like it is and they will either send a print copy or email one to you. - no sales pitchman at your door

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Great list lisaBObeesa. I especially liked the one about Michael the Archangel being the Pope of Rome. Never heard that one before.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I believe that somebody else was correct when they suggested that some well meaning dub ( or mischievous person?) pinched it from jw.org and YouTubed it.

The other videos around it on the channel in the original post are "anti" . I do not think that The Borg wants it's youth searching for them on YouTube, for obvious reasons....

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body member

No other magazine comes close to the amount of

bombastic claims, nonsensical theories and

fallacious reasoning as the Watchtower.

Crackpot pontification for over 130 years!

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses publications - No Other Magazine Comes Close

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Now they need to redo the video with the same people and the same timeline, except replace the circulation counter with quotes about the imminence of Armageddon/end times and have the folks look at their watches rather than hold up mags. ..." Agonus, page 2

Ooooo, Agonus!! Good idea!! I think I've seen a variation of that - Propagandatechniques does something like that in some of his videos.

It would be great to hold up various mags next to each other - like the 2009 Awake which asks "Is It Wrong To Shun Someone for Changing their Religion?" alongside some of those recent Watchtowers stating that apostates are "mentally diseased"...

• cofty
    cofty

I tried to make a comment but its "pending approval".

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "...i'm not very failiar with how youtube works when it comes to uploading videos, never done it, but can't you post video responses? are those subject to approval by the channel owner?..." Rather be in hades, page 2

I've never uploaded videos but watch YouTube frequently, and from what I've seen, a person can post a video response and link the original video in the "description" section below the actual video.

Or you can just post a video with a similar title, and people searching for the Watchtower video would get yours, also, in most searches.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I just watched the video in its entirety [yuk!] and from the antique costumes in the 1st third of the movie to the slightly racist tone, I think this video would be a major turn-off for most young people.

Again, the Gov.bod shows how clueless it is...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit