"No Other Magazine Comes Close" - Watchtower's new slogan...

by cedars 66 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

...and they're clearly in the mood for pushing it on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeRX3GkTHxk

What is it with all these random YouTube channels, each showing polished and highly-produced videos. If the Society has started to use YouTube (as appears to be the case) why not do so under one clear-and-unambigously-titled YouTube channel?

Cedars

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The video explicitly states at the end that it was produced by the Watch Tower Society. If the video doesn't get a takedown notice on youtube, it's probably an official account.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

You're right Cedars, while it is simple and wouldn't have cost that much, the quality, clarity and graphics show some serious time input. If they are not from the WTS, then whoever did this has a lot of time on their hands (and lots of international friends!). Perhaps making these kinds of things is now considered 'alternative witnessing' ha ha. Hmm count your time while storyboarding, count it while filming, count it while editing. Each view on YouTube counts as a return visit. Sweeeeeeeet.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Two people in the video are definitely currently at Bethel. I recognize and know them personally.

A third one used to be at Bethel and perhaps still is.

That in itself confirms to me that the Society is behind it (aside from the message at the end).

CoC

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

It is definitely from the society, since it is also published at the new web site....

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/world/watchtower-awake-magazine/

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

No other magazine comes close...to being so full of bullshit and manipulation...

Oz

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

"No other magazine comes close"

WTBTS is, for once, exactly right - but probably not in the way they mean.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

I guess the good thing is, if people go to YouTube, both the public and JWs, and search for "Jehovah's Witnesses" they'll have to wade through a pile of anti-JW stuff to find anything pro.

I'm guessing it was embedded on the official site and the guy who posted it lifted the link to 'spread the word'. Naughty naughty.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Let the disliking begin.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Paper magazine replaced by iPad at the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit