The Elders "want to meet with us"

by finally awake 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Wow- Sounds like we were going to the same hall!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Sadly for them, they just don't have any leverage over me.

'Tis a nice feeling

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I got one of those calls and I was quite indignant how much the elder insisted that I meet with him and Bro Thinks His Farts Don't Smell.

I stood my ground and told him that I would call him back when I was ready to meet with them.

12 years later I still haven't called him back.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Finally Awake, they just can't stand it when you take their power away, especially when you're a woman who's not cowering at their supposed authority.

Loved the names of various congregation members, laughed so hard I got an asthma attack (worth it). Sounds like my old congo too. Such a bunch of phonies. Leslie

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

good one Broken Promises! 12 years waiting for your call, not long compared to how long they've waited for the Big A Leslie

• snakeface
    snakeface

Shun them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I love your sense of humour

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

finally awake ...

lmao ... we must have been in the same congregation together.

Rub a Dub

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I never had to deal with this, but I imagine agreeing to a meeting and then showing up as agreed. Then when the questions flowed, I would meticulously jot them down but not answer them. When asked about that I would reply that "I will research each of these topics in Society publications and get back to you" and I never would get back to them.

But that's just my idea of theocratic warfare.

I am a certified theocratic warrior. During my studies I would get my wannabe teachers to blather on about a topic and then spring a passage from a WT publication that said the opposite of what they were telling me.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Wow, Finally Awake, Your hubby took a call that could have blindsided a lesser person and thought on his feet. Good for him! Love your names. We were inactive in Fs and hadn't been to a meeting in almost 5 years before we got a call about 6 months ago from brother Drinks till he's Wasted, an Elder from the hall we used to attend. We have caller ID so we let it go to voicemail. He just said to call him back. Of course we didn't. Then, about 2 months ago we got a call from bro. Nice but Henpecked, who is in the territory we moved to. Again, the message was to call him back. He tried 2 more times without leaving a message.

It seems as though these brothers were told to call us. (probably by the CO) Neither has tried lately. I think it is interesting that neither Elder would say why they were calling in their message. I'm sure they don't really want to hear what we have to say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit