The Elders "want to meet with us"

by finally awake 31 Replies latest jw friends

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just ROn and I were sitting outside on our porch, enjoying the beautiful late afternoon weather when our middle son came outside with the phone. It was Brother Lazy Slacker calling. Just Ron took the phone before he knew who was calling. Brother Lazy Slacker and his sidekick Brother Big SHot really really want to meet with us. Just Ron politely declined, but Brother Lazy Slacker wanted to know if I would be willing to meet with them. Just ROn told him quite clearly that I was not going to do any such thing, but Brother Lazy Slacker just didn't seem to get the picture. He asked Just ROn to talk to me about it and then call him back.

The ironic thing about this is that we went out to dinner last night, and were seated at a table *right beside* Brother Lazy Slacker and his wife and some other couple. If he was so bloody desparate to talk to me, he could have come over to our table. Not that it would have done him any good, but he could have tried. I wonder if the elders have seen my Sparlock shirt LOL.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Don't ruin your day by giving those unqualified brothers another thought. Have a happy life!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The ironic thing about this is that we went out to dinner last night, and were seated at a table *right beside* Brother Lazy Slacker and his wife and some other couple.

That's a sure sign you REALLY need to move to a larger town, or change the types of restaurants you go to (stay out of JW faves)....

• finally awake
    finally awake

I find it amusing to deny them the one thing they want. They want to control me, force me to explain myself, make me conform to their rules and procedures. Sadly for them, they just don't have any leverage over me. I love knowing that they want something that I can choose to refuse to give them.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

"Brother Lazy Slacker and his sidekick Brother Big SHot" - Finally Awake- I'm sure you and I must be in the same Congregation!!!!!!!

• finally awake
    finally awake

There are only 2 non fast food restaurants open on Sunday nights in my town. You can have Mexican, or Chinese. The Chinese is a buffet, and very overpriced for what my kids actually eat there. We were at the Mexican place.

• finally awake
    finally awake

We also have Brother Likes to Beat my Toddler and Brother Backstabbing Lying Cheat. Brother Golden Boy was deleted for cheating on his wife, Sister Nutjob. Brother Nice but Dumb stepped down because he couldn't handle the BS from the other elders. For Minsterial Servants, we have Brother Ambitious who is following closely in Brother Backstabbing Lying Cheat's footsteps, Brother Never Going to Make Elder is just treading water, Brother Deaf as a Post got deleted for playing the penny slots in Vegas, and Brother Chronic Food Poisoning stepped down due to health issues. He'd be OK if Sister Don't Eat Anything She Cooked would stop trying to kill him with her rancid bacon grease cookies.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I think that there might be something about having to get the husbands permission before discussing spiritual things.

Not sure, but I think that I have heard something about this before.

NJY

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Finally Awake-ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! So funny!!! I actually do know quite of few of the ones you know !!!

• poppers
    poppers

I find it amusing to deny them the one thing they want. They want to control me, force me to explain myself, make me conform to their rules and procedures. Sadly for them, they just don't have any leverage over me. I love knowing that they want something that I can choose to refuse to give them

Good for you. They've got to realize that you are in control of your life, not them.

We also have Brother Likes to Beat my Toddler and Brother Backstabbing Lying Cheat. Brother Golden Boy was deleted for cheating on his wife, Sister Nutjob. Brother Nice but Dumb stepped down because he couldn't handle the BS from the other elders. For Minsterial Servants, we have Brother Ambitious who is following closely in Brother Backstabbing Lying Cheat's footsteps, Brother Never Going to Make Elder is just treading water, Brother Deaf as a Post got deleted for playing the penny slots in Vegas, and Brother Chronic Food Poisoning stepped down due to health issues. He'd be OK if Sister Don't Eat Anything She Cooked would stop trying to kill him with her rancid bacon grease cookies.

Hilarious! I love some of the names people come up with, and yours are doozies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit