Lies Continue On New JW.org Sited . How Many Can You Spot?

by BlindersOff1 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

Since my teenage years over 40 years ago, inactive jws (inactive means not turning in time, no meeting attendance) were viewed as weak spiritually and a danger to active jws...not as dangerous as df'd or da'd jws, but there was a danger of being infected. You could talk about "spiritual" things and encourage them to return to the meetings but not to socialize with them. You were not to independently study with them but it had to be okayed and supervised by an "elder."

As time goes by that "suggestion" is not viewed as seriously by many jws thinking they are only encouraging them by being their friend....so the WTS "emphasizes" that suggestion again with behind the scenes sanctions if it is ignored.

*** g05 7/22 p. 20 Why Am I Drawn to the Wrong People? ***Melanie was drawn to a fellow believer who was not faring well spiritually. “I was told she needed some encouragement, so I started to associate with her,” Melanie explained. Of course, the Bible encourages Christians to “support the weak.” (1 Thessalonians 5:14) But Melanie began joining her new friend at bars, where further associations led her into reproachful conduct.

*** lv chap. 3 pp. 31-32 par. 13 Love Those Whom God Loves ***Occasionally, there may be a situation in the congregation that calls for us to watch our association. Some individuals might engage in questionable conduct. Others may develop a bitter or complaining spirit. Congregations in the first century C.E. faced a similar challenge. While most members were faithful, some individuals did not conduct themselves aright. Because some in the congregation in Corinth did not uphold certain Christian teachings, the apostle Paul warned the congregation: “Do not be misled. Bad associations spoil useful habits.” (1 Corinthians 15:12, 33) Paul cautioned Timothy that even among fellow Christians, there might be some who do not act honorably. Timothy was told to keep clear of such ones, not making them his close associates.—2 Timothy 2:20-22.

• blondie
  • cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

When I started missing a lot of meetings sometimes people would stop by just to say, "Oh we missed you!" - you know, dripping with saccharine.

Then my father, an elder in my congregation for over 14 years who had moved away one year earlier, died. I got no visits and only one phone call - from the elder who was going to give the memorial talk asking for some family names, etc. to include in the talk.

It made me sick. I can remember going to memorials for people I didn't even know, just to support a family member who was a JW and give a witness to the attendees.

I wonder what my "worldly" relatives thought about the low attendance at the memorial?

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    "The Watchtower has a circulation larger than any other magazine in the world."

90% of Watchtowers are stored in..

Spare bedrooms/garages/basements/attics..ect..ect..of JW`s..

Where the Pubic will never see them..

The Watchtower is the most printed,less read magazine in the world..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Aware!
    Aware!

They make me sick.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Recovery - if you are reading this. We all know the WT study articles say different, a recent one called those who leave or draw away, even in the reasoning w/ the scriptures book apostates, and about shunning. Do you not feel guilty about this lie? When I was active, I began to see this kind of hypocrisy. Why would Jehovah have to use deception or even condone it? The scriptures say Satan is the one who does that.

What would be wrong in them laying out that they view it as the true religion, those who disagree and leave they view as apostasizing from the truth and the scriptures that command to shun apostates?

This is one example of flat out lie and deception. I hope you are looking at this and thinking about that. Telling new people it won't affect current family relationships and if they join and leave later they won't be shunned, etc.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

What I find most offensive is when the half-truths are directed at children. Look at the "Guard against Ambition" "Bible study" activity.

A story of treachery and treason is relabelled "Ambition". . . which another time can be linked to "higher education"

• Aware!
    Aware!

I hate that I went along with everything. I don't think there would be many new converts if studies were told of all the details and fine print.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Two more half-truths :

1) "19,000,000 attend our meetings or Conventions" this may be the figure for the 2012 Memorial attendance, but that is held once a year,

and people attend that out of fear (s) ,most Meetings 25% of baptised ones are missing !

2)"When someone becomes a Jehovah's Witness they are baptised in the name of Jesus"

This one strikes me as a downright lie, where in the vows is Jesus mentioned ???

• simon17
    simon17

Regarding elderlites comments on if JWs shun former members: I agree with him that is not official policy the shun inactive ones. The problem you guys are having is that the the question on the FAQ does not match the answer. The question says do JWs shun FORMER members. They then answer whether JWs shun INACTIVE members. These are not the same groups.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit