Lies Continue On New JW.org Sited . How Many Can You Spot?

by BlindersOff1 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

BlindersOff1

From my point of view your statement is not accurate. THEY MOST definitely DO SHUN people who are fading. Its happening to me right now. For the stated reason "drawing away from Jehovah's organization" by missing meetings

Show them their official website's blurb then ask them why they are going beyond what is written, or if the website is being dishonest.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Define NEAR then get your sackcloth ready

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

These half-truths and actual lies told by the WT are partly what helped me to wake up, why should a religion that is directed by Holy Spirit as they claim, need to resort to such subterfuge and dishonesty ?

What irony that they refer to their religion as "The Truth", the Truth is not in them.

• elderelite
    elderelite

There are two different things being described on the 'shunning' point. One is official church policy and the other accepted practice.

Many who leave the org also choose to leave its specific vernacular behind. One term in particular is the word "disfellowship". It's often replaced on this site with "shunning", and when speakimg to "worldly" people the org will make that same substitution.

The fact is, official org policy is not to treat faders as if they are disfellowshipped. It exactly as the web site describes, they are to be love bombed by the friends and shephearded by the elders back to the org.

In practice, many in the org do treat as disfellowshipped those who fade, especially if the fader shows no interest in returning.

Dont let your personal emotions cloud facts and dont misinderstand my point. I called it a half truth, and thats what it is. Its a statment to make people believe witnesses dont shun those who leave when in fact they do. But treating as disfellowshipped 'faders' is not official policy.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

I get your point ELDERELITE

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

my son was never baptized, and in the last 3 months since he has been away from them and has a worldly girlfriend he has been shunned the modern way...

45 out of 60 JW facebook friends deleted him including his best friend from birth on...

oz

• cedars
    cedars

I agree with Elderelite. When countering statements such as this one printed by the Watchtower, it's best to do so based on official written policy rather than what actually happens in practice. Otherwise the issue gets clouded and we leave ourselves vulnerable to accusations that we are exaggerating, even though we are speaking from experience.

In this particular case, I think it's what the "FAQ" doesn't say, or deliberately omits, that is especially vile and misleading. The reader isn't told anything about the possibility of being disfellowshipped merely for subsequently disagreeing with the leadership, and the ramifications of shunning by friends and family were this to happen. The only possible grounds for disfellowshipping, according to this FAQ, are those surrounding immorality.

Cedars

• jws
    jws

I love the picture and caption at the bottom of the shunning link. A guy is holding a sheep next to the question "Why are some disfellowshipped"?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Cedars, that is indeed my point. Its what they dont say that makes it so devious, such a half truth and deliberate obscuring of the facts. Its designed purposly to counteract the cult identification marker of shunning those who leave. They use a straw man, a 'fader , and say "see we dont shun those who leave"! As noted, officiall policy is not to shun faders. HOWEVER the truth is, it IS official policy to shun those who activly disassociate themselves or dont conform to cult standards.

The real truth of the lie in that statment is ugly and that they told the lie shows those bastards KNOW how ugly the truth is.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

More lies

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20061115/accept-jehovahs-discipline/

Always Accept Jehovah's Discipline

Why Some Are Disfellowshipped?

Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member of the congregation unrepentantly engages in gross sin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit