New JW.org site is up

by vinnie-xj 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• therevealer
    therevealer

@slimboy _ is the original site not just a re-direct to the new one. That's what I see.

• cedars
    cedars

On donations...

Any donations that are forwarded to the branch offices of Jehovah’s Witnesses are used to relieve victims of natural disasters, to support our missionaries and traveling ministers, to help construct our houses of worship in developing countries, and to print and ship Bibles and other Christian publications.

But I thought donations could also be used to silence victims of child abuse and pay punitive damages in multi-million dollar child molestation lawsuits?

I'm learning so many new things about my faith! Praise Jah!

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

www.watchtower.org is still a different site for me.

I am sure I remember reading they were going to combine it with the new www.jw.org site.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that they’ve found that road. Otherwise, they’d look for another religion.

Yeah, try that while being an active witness.

Sheesh the elementary school reasonings of this group continues to amaze me. No wonder they don't/won't let the troops consider anything "outside" of the prescribed material.

• cedars
    cedars

On tolerance...

Are You Tolerant of Other Religions?

We follow the Bible’s advice to “ respect everyone ”—regardless of their religious beliefs. (1 Peter 2:17, Today’s English Version) For example, in some countries there are hundreds of thousands of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Even so, we don’t try to pressure politicians or lawmakers into restricting or banning the work of other religious groups. Nor do we campaign to have laws passed that would impose our moral and religious convictions on the general community. Instead, we extend to others the same tolerance that we appreciate receiving from them.—Matthew 7:12.

Ah yes, former believers are very well respected by Jehovah's Witnesse for their differing religious beliefs - so much so that they are lovingly and respectfully branded as "mentally diseased".

Cedars

• Gayle
    Gayle

looks like we won't be able to retrieve the WT study mag 'three' months ahead anymore.

• therevealer
    therevealer

@ slimboy - You must be viewing a cache from your puter or somethin. the old site is gone - a simple redirect to the new one

• cedars
    cedars

On shunning...

Do You Shun Former Members of Your Religion?

Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.

We do not automatically disfellowship someone who commits a serious sin. If, however, a baptized Witness makes a practice of breaking the Bible’s moral code and does not repent, he or she will be shunned or disfellowshipped. The Bible clearly states: “ Remove the wicked man from among yourselves. ”—1 Corinthians 5:13.

What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah’s Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue.

Disfellowshipped individuals may attend our religious services. If they wish, they may also receive spiritual counsel from congregation elders. The goal is to help each individual once more to qualify to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Disfellowshipped people who reject improper conduct and demonstrate a sincere desire to live by the Bible’s standards are always welcome to become members of the congregation again.

Well, that's a relief. The article strangely doesn't mention being disfellowshipped for disagreeing with the Governing Body. However, it's nice to know that, even though I would be banned from speaking to my family, I would still be able to attend meetings and speak to the elders. Surely attending meetings is way better than having meaningful contact with your family, isn't it?! Who needs family anyway?!

Cedars

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When did the Watchtower start using the word shun? I thought they avoided that word. Are they picking up apostate terminology?

• blondie
    blondie
    Those who were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses but no longer preach to others, perhaps even drifting away from association with fellow believers, are not shunned. In fact, we reach out to them and try to rekindle their spiritual interest.

The WTS feels that non-jws understand the term "shun" better than DF. The WTS has a pattern of playing with terms, such as saying that jws are not being DF'd for taking a blood transfusion but only are disassociating themselves with the same result of being shunned. Also inactive jws may not be shunned officially, but jws are told that these people are dangerous spiritual association and not to socialize with them.

Gayle, I noticed too that the WT PDFs aren't out into November as on the old one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit