New JW.org site is up

by vinnie-xj 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vinnie-xj
  • cedars
    cedars

Yikes, after all the hype and waiting I was expecting something a little more flashy than just simple arial font everywhere and fairly basic layout. Ah well, at least it's finally here.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

lol, I'm loving this article header...

The Watchtower—No Other Magazine Comes Close

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yuppers. And the mags are current right up to > September? what happened to the newer ones?

• whathappened
    whathappened

It was a nice enough site. Easy to navigate but the same, tired propaganda just dressed up differently.

• therevealer
    therevealer

I love this from the News section

Witnesses to Relocate World Headquarters

In July 2009, Jehovah's Witnesses purchased a plot of land in upstate New York with plans to relocate their world headquarters. The 102-hectare (253 a.) property is located about 80 kilometers (50 mi) northwest of the existing facilities in Brooklyn, New York, where they have been since 1909.

So not only are they ploughing ahead without clear direction from Jah, they have been doing so for three years. Ha, ha, LOL.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Surprisingly similar to the new Freeminds design.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The links at the bottom of the page are broken.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In fact all the links are broken. Is this just me?

• cedars
    cedars

I'm also getting lots of Error 503s when I try to navigate. Maybe it's heavy traffic because it's just been launched.

I'm working through the FAQs. Look at this beauty...

Do You Believe That You Have the One True Religion?

Those who are serious about religion should think that the one they’ve chosen is acceptable to God and Jesus. Otherwise, why would they be involved in it?

Jesus Christ didn’t agree with the view that there are many religions, many roads, all leading to salvation. Rather, he said: “ Narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it. ” (Matthew 7:14) Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that they’ve found that road. Otherwise, they’d look for another religion.

Wow, so if you figure out your faith isn't accurate, you can just "look for another religion"! I never realized it was so simple. Here was I buying into the apostate propaganda that you get shunned by friends and family if you decide to leave the faith. How could I have been so naive?!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit