Religious extremism at its worst - the Taliban behead 17 people for having a party

by cedars 44 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

A truly shocking story in the Telegraph...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/9501478/Taliban-behead-17-caught-dancing-to-music-at-party.html

It makes you realise how fortunate you are to live in a rational Society.

Cedars

• cofty
    cofty

The Taliban make Old Testament prophets sound rational.

Is Afghan going to revert to year zero when the US and UK withdraw?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

From what I understand, in Agghanistan even the strippers have to wear a burka.

Rub a Dub

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Insane! Idiots blinded by their version of Sky Daddy

What was that quote from the WT saying that "secular laws prevent us from harming apostates" (or something along the lines)? Is that what they have in mind had secular law not put restrains in place...

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

see what happens when you celebrate birthdays?

• Gothicus
  • watson
    watson

Sounds like they worship that Hebrew God!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

How aweful . Left unchecked this is the kind extremism that ALL religion has breed over the ages. I've come to the conclusion that all religion really is evil, because it will always give some a pass to think that they are superior to the others, and that they are gods chosen. Giving them them license to do all kinds of insane things. Mankind has got to defeat religion to get to the next level.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I'll bet there were no Jdubs at that party, see how we are protected by Jehovah.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

apparently the attacks on girls trying to get an education in afghanistan are increasing.

thankfully not all of islam is like this but i can't help but think of a certain group that tried to prevent others from reading a book in english by burning those books and the guy who printed them

religion, when forced on others, definitely is a snare and a racket

that's why my church of ren and stimpy will have as it's central dogma, don't be a dick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit