"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth . ."

by nicolaou 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    I think he just sat in the darkness... and he was very glad that he had taken his Valium.
  • sunny23
    sunny23

What do you know?

I know Fisherman doesn't like to answer questions ;)

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Fisherman; If you want answers about what is said in the" Bible", the place to look is in the Bible. If your question is rhetorical, then you know your answer.

There is nothing in the Bible that would answer my question, and no, I wasn't being rhetorical. Knowing there isn't an answer isn't the same as not wanting one. I'd really like to hear a person of faith address it.

Where did God exist before he created the heavens?

• prologos
    prologos

nic, perhaps you have too narrow a concept of god. If you consider the immensity of the existing universe, that is just a part of the cosmos, such worker would not need a nail to hang his coat on. Even some atheist believers in pre-beginning virtual fluctuations to start the beginning, assume that there was time and energy, possibly eternally. What if the creator just existed, having all the ur-exo-space and eternal time with him, all the energy*? we see only a fraction of the universe. only a small fraction of all the energy is in form of detectable radiation, most is matter more possibly in dark matter. (one walnut size plutonium piece would fry a city, in seconds.) imagine all the matter in the universe re-converted into pure energy. radiantly.

nic you are asking WHERE the user, controller of all that energy might exist?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

As one preacher said "He was preparing hell for people who ask

this question."

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

"In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth." What a crock!

And there was nothing, I mean nothing, then god said let there be light. Now there was still nothing, but now you could see it! LOL

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    This is the eternal dilemma of "What was before God?". An answer no one has in the same way of "What was before the big bang?" Energy (or God) doesn't have a beginning? Or where was it? Where are we? What is after the end of the universe? So, I wouldn't hold it against that verse to say "heavens and earth" as obviously, no one knows.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    http://www.passmyexams.co.uk/GCSE/biology/life-processes.html
    "I scored above 98%"

Yes yes, good for you. What are YOU defining as life's processes? You can't turn to science to explain an unscientific view. Everything on that list can apply to a rock.

False, if the organism dies, the machines cannot keep it alive. Even with the machines, at some point the organism will die. If the only thing keeping it alive was the machines, it would never die as long as the machines were the only thing keeping it alive. Think about it.

You can't claim "falsw" until you tell me what this substance is that animates life. Everything that's every lived has died, so you've actually equated the machine with this mysterious substance.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Even some atheist believers in pre-beginning virtual fluctuations to start the beginning, assume that there was time and energy, possibly eternally. What if the creator just existed, having all the ur-exo-space and eternal time with him, all the energy*?

There is no "beginning" if there is "eternal". Being an atheist has nothing to do with believing contradictory things. Also, what if the creator is my dog, having gone back in time? Asking ridiculous questions makes them no less ridiculous simply because you couch them in pseudo-scientific and religious terms.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    He floated in the dark, empty void planning the physical creation to come. But no sooner was it created and a naked lady and talking snake derailed the whole thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit