"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth . ."

by nicolaou 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Still cant get over the fact that god looks like a dude, well thats what the bible says.

Why would the creator have a sexual identity anyways ?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You try to create anything out of nothing, then show and talk.

You prove that nothing can even exists. No one has ever encountered an example of it.

Movement through time is compulsory only for us. Pure energy is exempt.

"Pure energy" is a meaningless term.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You don't know.

Fisherman, you said there was a "substance" that animates living things. What is this substance?

Besides that, it is true that living organisms carry out the processes of life but they must be alive to do so. It is also true that dead things (including rocks) do not carry out life's processes. Nor has it been shown that processes induce the state of life.

Define, specifically, what these "life's processes" are and what, exactly, is a "state of life", please.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

If you MUST have a story to believe in about creation, here is a variety for you to choose from. Take your pick:

http://www.gly.uga.edu/railsback/CS/CSIndex.html

• talesin
    talesin

I honestly would like you to think about this question, Fisherman. No need to reply, as I'm not looking to debate or ridicule your beliefs. it's meant to be food for thought..

You said this:

Given a living creature and the same creature dead, the difference between them is the substance that "animates" them.

My question:

A person is brain-dead... medically, scientifically - dead. The only thing keeping that flesh alive is the machines. Is this 'substance' animating the brain-dead body?

• prologos
    prologos

The OP question: "-- WHERE did god exist--" begs the question : where were the laws, was the expanding space, the energy, the matter , later the parading procession that carries on the process of life?-- let's say 15 billion years ago?

If they can just self-create, why could not a creator? or -- If they are eternal (in some form) why could not a creator?

Pure energy? light as a wave in the void. really light, weightless.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"life's processes"

http://www.passmyexams.co.uk/GCSE/biology/life-processes.html

"I scored above 98%"

The only thing keeping that flesh alive is the machines.

False, if the organism dies, the machines cannot keep it alive. Even with the machines, at some point the organism will die. If the only thing keeping it alive was the machines, it would never die as long as the machines were the only thing keeping it alive. Think about it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The OP question: "-- WHERE did god exist

If you want answers about what is said in the" Bible", the place to look is in the Bible. If your question is rhetorical, then you know your answer.

• sunny23
    sunny23

Fisherman, is there something outside of the voluntary and involuntary responses inside my body and organs keeping me alive and animating me right now? If so what is it?

Movement, Respiration, Sensitivity, Growth, Excretion, Reproduction, Nutrition can all be explained by physics and biology. You seem to suggest that I must first be "alive" before I can even carry out these processes. Define this "alive" state that exists prior to these processes being carried out please. Does exhibiting the processes define one as being "alive" or does being "alive" allow one to carry out the processes?

it is true that living organisms carry out the processes of life but they must be alive to do so -Fisherman

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Does exhibiting the processes define one as being "alive" or does being "alive" allow one to carry out the processes?

What do you know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit