"In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth . ."

by nicolaou 118 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Maybe he/she was in a black hole .

smiddy

• cofty
    cofty
    Given a living creature and the same creature dead, the difference between them is the substance that "animates" them - Fisherman

Nothing animates living things. Life is a process not a thing.

• stillin
    stillin
    This brings me back to one of my favorite maxims: I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Nothing animates living things.

You don't know. Besides that, it is true that living organisms carry out the processes of life but they must be alive to do so. It is also true that dead things (including rocks) do not carry out life's processes. Nor has it been shown that processes induce the state of life.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

answers that can't be questioned.

.....assuming that answer is an indisputable fact.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

. . . it is true that living organisms carry out the processes of life but they must be alive to do so. It is also true that dead things (including rocks) do not carry out life's processes. Nor has it been shown that processes induce the state of life.

What does any of that have to do with the opening post and the question of God's pre-heavenly existence?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    thank god i'm an atheist
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    amen brother
  • blondie
    blondie

I'm sorry I can't find where the WTS says that God lives beyond the edges of the universe but I found this instead

What scripture teaches this? Suns don't radiate eternally, they cease to exist. "it is understood" by whom?

*** w55 5/15 pp. 302-303 par. 7 Jehovah’s Channel of Communication ***

7 The Bible itself likens Jehovah God to a sun. (Ps. 84:11) As a sun radiates energy ever outwardly, so from God there has radiated eternally in all directions forms of various energies, spiritual and physical. This everlasting brilliant effusion can be described as the glory of God. These energies ever traveling into the outer reaches in very brief moments of “time” have filled what is called “space.” For this reason it is understood that “time” and “space” are as eternal as God, for God himself has had no beginning. (Ps. 90:2) If God decrees the holding back of physical energy at any one point in space, mass or matter immediately forms. (Rev. 4:11) Professor Einstein ascertained this basic truth from the Book of Nature when he discovered the law that energy equals mass times the speed of light squared. Therefore, everything that exists has been created from energy that originally emanated from the Great Source of the universe, Jehovah. The Bible certainly is true when it records, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”—Gen. 1:1, NW.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Einstein therefore God! Priceless, thanks for posting that Blondie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit