shepherd the flock gem

by outsmartthesystem 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Just reading through the manual that only elders have access to ..........and..........I noticed this gem:

Page 58 - "Elders should act promptly when they receive a report of serious wrongdoing so as to safeguard the congregation and provide assistance to the wrongdoer. Neglecting to care for such matters can hinder the flow of Jehovah's holy spirit to the congregation. "

First and foremost.....where is the scriptural backing for this statement? And secondly......are they saying that if a couple of elders decide to be lazy and they don't proactively go after a wrongdoer when they should have......that such non-action would have a negative affect on the congregation's spirituality? So.......old sister faithful may not receive the holy spirit she needs due to the inaction of a couple of elders? I'll bet sister faithful didn't realize that a lazy elder could prevent her from obtaining the propery amount of holy spirit....regardless of how much she prays for it.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

There really is a Scriptural precedent to back up that way of thinking. One example that comes to mind readily is, Achan. Another example would be when Israelite men got sexually involved with Moabite women and idolatry. The WT at times is like a hybrid of The Law and Psuedo Christianity as IssacAustin called it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I know, WT land is not Christianity at all............. they are LAW followers

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

ha ha ha. will not work when wet. or jehoblas spirit... batteries sold seperatly

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Neglecting to care for such matters can hinder the flow of Jehovah's holy spirit to the congregation

This is actually 100% true. If you ever go into the boiler room in the back of a kingdom hall, usually somewhere near the water meter is the Holy Spirit Flow-o-Meter. Every month, an elder takes the reading to make sure that at least 13-24 kilo-units of holy spirit have passed through. Anything less than that flow rate is a clear indication of some kind of secret sinning, e.g. masturbating elders, kids who ate the birthday cupcake at school, single moms who flirt with the guy a work. . .

However, low flow rate may also mean it's time to change the filter.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Thanks TS.

• hoser
    hoser

It induces guilt in a co-dependant relationship. It makes the elders feel somewhat more responsible for other peoples actions or inactions.

hoser

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

BOC - I once completely removed the holy spirit from our congregation single handedly when I was 9 years old. Our elementary school let all the kids vote for the presidency (it was Bush v Dukakis that year) and then announce who the kids picked at the end of the day. I voted. Needless to say.....the holy spirit was extracted from our congregation immediately. Thankfully I voted for Dukakis. The holy spirit returned three months later when Bush was inaugurated.

• Diest
    Diest

OTS That is awesome...isnt that how we were made to feel. Eat that cake and you have harmed JAH.

• finally awake
    finally awake

BOC - I wonder if you can quantify the exact amount of reduction in the flow of Holy Spirit for each type of secret sin? For instance, does eating leftover birthday cake restrict the flow less than eating fresh birthday cake? Or masturbating while fantasizing about one's own wife restrict the flow less than fantasizing about group sex with the COBOE and all the pioneer sisters? I think we need to have a chart, so that when the elders take the monthly reading they know exactly what type of sin they are looking for. After all, if Sister Faithful is secretly watching the Smurfs, the elders shouldn't be wasting time trying to figure out which young couple is secretly playing hide the salami before the wedding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit