shepherd the flock gem

by outsmartthesystem 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• elderelite
    elderelite

Londo beat me to it. I was going to point out the contridiction he mentioned that a brother can actually cover up a sin, but show evidance of gods blessing.

I take that to mean i should sin and se what happens.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I was drawn to this and as a former elder, my impression is that this is one of the most abused points in the cult leadership handbook. (that's what the "Shepherding" really is)

Its great fun to watch an elder froth at the mouth out of the regard he has for the "free flow" of holy spirit in the congregation. Words like this give elders with control issues a free pass to spiritually and emotionally abuse people.

I look back with pity at those still in, and ESP with the elders who believe that bullsh*t.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Remember the Kingdumb Misery Question Box dealing with somebody in the Congo who had caused a fatal car accident?

The Elders were to investigate, and if necessary DF the person, to avoid the Congregation being held as BLOODGUILTY.

What does this mean?

Jehovah will take vengeance on the Brothers, killing their children and them to avenge the spilled blood.

Is this Christian?

Would anybody want to worship a stone age death/war/fertility god who might kill you as vengeance for another person's mistake?

Aren't the police properly trained to investigate such things? So why bother?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit