To Mr. Bowen aka Silentlambs

by YoYoMama 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

YYMM says

the brothers have handled child molesters like those that commit other sins....

Handled? Handled? How about a slap on the wrist, a little finger-waving, and then let them continue to serve in their same capacity for decades, while the victims sit frustrated, unserved, disbelieved, and at times threatened with DF'ing if they raise a cry of complaint?

Go ahead. Justify it.

-J.R.

The preceding post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    The opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• borgfree
    borgfree

YoYo, I think your statement, below, is wrong:

I stand corrected. Jehovah's organization is perfect, but the members are imperfect. Unfortunately what to do with child molesters is not covered in the scriptures,
    I do not have a bible with me right now, but, the scriptures have several things to say that would apply to child molesters.

One I am thinking of, says something like, If you stumble one of these little ones, it would be better to have a millstone tied around your neck and be thrown into the sea. Sounds pretty strong to me.

Borgfree

"Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." Lao-tzu
  • AlanF
    AlanF

What blind defenders of "Jehovah's organization" -- whatever that is -- like YoYoBozo and You Don't Know continually fail to realize is that they have no evidence whatsoever that the JW organization is in any way connected with it. Indeed, they have to work hard at ignoring the mountains of negative evidence. The best they can manage is a pile of lame-ass claims that they defend with mindless calls to prove them wrong -- as if anyone needed to prove that invisible pink unicorns don't exist.

AlanF

• Mishnah
    Mishnah

YoYo,

All I can say is that Mr. Bowen is not objective and foams at the mouth evertime he gets a chance to bash the WT. It's not that they do not deserve what their getting in many respects, but Bowen is not stable enough to handle these kinds of things. That was clear from his comments about the Catholic Church's ongoing problems with molesting priests. He just couldn't help but turn THAT into something negative about the WT. If Dateline puts him on their show for support, I am afraid the whole thing could backfire.

Besides, if anyone thinks that even the strongest presentation by Dateline will change things, they are sorely mistaken. Most Witnesses will laugh it off as misrepresentation, and they'll be right in many respects because most Witnesses I know would never tolerate molestation in their congregation. The only case that I have first-hand knowledge of is one where the elders turned the guy into the police. Of course Bowen spit on that example and found nothing but negativity in it.

Jehovah will deal with those who molest others, and he will deal with Bowen also. Be careful, Bill.

Mishnah

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

IMO, watching what is happening right now in the Catholic Church shows how this could play out in the watchtower. I am sure that the watchtower legal team is paying close attention. It's costing the Catholic Church millions of dollars, and there are many leaving the church because of it. I live in New England, and listen to talk radio, and a day does not go by without it being a huge topic. Even if Bill did a terrible job (and I seriously doubt that will happen)
    there are real cases that cannot be ignored any longer. It will all have to be dealt with, and the watchtower's credibility will suffer, as has that of the leadership of the Catholic Church. Many Catholics here are calling for the Cardinal to resign, because he allowed it to happen, knowingly. They hold him responsible. There is even some talk that he will be personally held accountable in a court of law as an accessory to the crimes. The same could hold true to the highest reaches of the borg. Time will tell.

cb

• SYN
    SYN

Mishnah: So that one incident where they actually did the right thing (and I betcha those same elders who turned the guy in were reproved for bringing 'reproach upon the congregation'), makes all the other myriad cases OK? All of those other molesters who got off scot free and in fact continued serving in positions of power in the Society after abusing kids are all right, as long as what you've seen is different? Hehe, I love your logic. Open your eyes. This is a real problem.

If the WTBTS had actually done something about it, instead of applying silly Biblical laws about 2 witnesses and letting these monsters off scot-free, then maybe Bill wouldn't have such a big problem.

How would you like it if you'd been molested and were told to shut up?

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• avengers
    avengers

While you are feeding the trolls look what's happening in Dubland.
    href=" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23419&site=3

So sad.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan
    Jehovah's organization is perfect, but the members are imperfect

How can the organization is perfect when its parts/members are imperfect?

Please enlighten me, YoYo.

• Smudgee
    Smudgee

My step-brother's wife's daughter from a first marriage was molested by her mother's brother on three different occasions. All of the adults involved are baptized witnesses, active in their congregations. Each time this poor child told on her uncle, who was seventeen at the time, nothing was done. Why? Because the grandmother begged her daughter not to turn in her brother. So, the daughter went to the elders of their congregation. What did they do? They privately reprimanded him and asked her not to turn in her brother. She never did report her brother to the police.

This poor child learned, I'm afraid, that there is no one to protect her, that she is unimportant, that no one truly cares for her.

Not even Jehovah.

Smudge

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Save it and move it to the archives. I was able to force YoYoBozo to admit

I stand corrected. Jehovah's organization is perfect, but the members are imperfect.

So let's see. A perfect organization that registered with the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO for the slow people)and participated for 10 years.. all the while spewing propaganda that the UN is "the disgusting thing of the nations" (see Revelation its Grand Climax Book) AT THE SAME TIME they associate as a member of such? I suppose in the interest of theocratic warfare is it acceptable to lie, even though Satan is the Father of the Lie. (smirk)

Certainly Jehovah God would not allow his "perfect" organization to bring such reproach upon his name.

PERSONAL WEBPAGE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html
    FREELANCE ARTWORK FOR SALE-
    http://www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/JasonArtwork1.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit