To Mr. Bowen aka Silentlambs

by YoYoMama 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ARIE
    ARIE

When I was a JW they absolutely discouraged higher education in our Cong.So my question is, where do find lawyers? Are there some kind of elite members who are permitted to educate themselves while the masses are only permitted minimal education?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

ARIE,

That was exactly the situation for a while. Bethel was sending some Bethelites to college for legal and engineering degrees because of such a great need for them there. I had friends who were among the brothers being sponsered by the WTS for a higher education.

A ranking Bethelite at the time urged me not to say anything about it. Bethel was trying to keep it under wraps because, as he said, "the brothers and sisters might misunderstand."

This is the idiocy that drove me away.
    S4

• metatron
    metatron

Do idiots like you ever read the Bible?

Ancient Israel "had the truth" but was repeatedly wrecked
    by pagan nations because they were corrupt.

In Solomon's day, the Bible says, God raised up 'resisters'
    because the nation was rotten. These resisters - and prophets
    that were viewed as disloyal - did their work of exposure
    at God's direction. Are you so lacking in brain cells that
    you can't see this pattern repeated in the Bible

again and
    again and
    again and
    again (?)

Your assertions about "opposing Jehovah" are arrogant and foolish.
    The Watchtower is slowly LOSING - publishers in the developed
    world and public sympathy. They are also losing REVENUE, which
    the founder of the Watchtower Society pointed to as evidence
    of Divine backing disappearing!

metatron

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

DON'T FEED THE .....!!!!

(((ashi)))

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

I know, I'm going against my own philosophy about not feeding the...

You have taken up a fight against Jehovah himself and this is futile. The organization has some flaws, as is expected of any imperfect organization. The difference is that it's backed by Jehovah. He cleanses the organization at the right time
    Seems to me (but then I'm not Jehovah) that the right time would be BEFORE any more children are hurt. We were taught that Jehovah is allowing wickedness to prevail to prove that man dominates man to his injury...and to show we need His Kingdom...to allow ample time for His name to be vindicated. Why has Jehovah allowed wickedness inside "His Organization"? Why has He allowed these wicked deeds perpetrated by "his representatives" to continue? Is he proving something...vindicating His name? What is he waiting for?

As the daughter of a former PO and child molester, this is a sensitive issue for me. Why did the elders over 40 years ago slap my father's hand and make my sister feel guilty for provoking his attacks by the way she looked even though she was 8 years old? My father died when I was three, would I have been his next victim or was I?

As the wife of a former MS and child abuse victim, this is a sensitive issue for me. Why did the elders over 20+ years ago allow this molester to become a MS in the congregation and then later disfellowship him for homosexuality? Was pedophilia not a valid charge?

As the stepdaughter of a JW in good standing and child molester, this is a sensitive issue for me. Why did the elders over 30 years ago allow this man to remain a JW when they knew he had held me hostage in my home while the police tried to negotiate outside? Why did my Mom remain silent, first with my sister, then with me? When the police asked if they could help, why did my mother say..no, that's ok, we'll take care of it?

When is a good time for Jehovah to take care of this and "clean" His Organization?

• 2SYN
    2SYN

People! YOU'RE FEEDING THE......

I'm not even going to dress you down. This is a serious discussion board. If I wished, I could cut you down on every point you make, but my arguments will just be repeated over things I've said already. Blah.

If you read even a fraction of the stories on SilentLambs, you will begin to understand that the hand of 'God' as most religious people (e.g. non-Dubs) understand it is nowhere near the WTBTS.

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama
    What is IT that scares the hell out of you the most about DATELINE's investigative story

It does not scare me, in fact, I welcome it as they will show the JW point of view and bring clarification to the issue.

After all, IT'S all just "apostate lies", right?
    No, I do not think that it is an apostate lie. I do think that apostates are taking advantage of the situation to discredit the Witnesses. You don’t give a damn about the victims as long as it makes the Witnesses look bad. Most Elders do care about the victims. Of course there are a few assholes around the world, but Jehovah will judge them eventually without any help from humans.

If it's true that Jehovah is backing up an organization that has rules in place which protect child abusers instead of innocent children who are the victims of child abusers, then how can any honest-hearted person want ANYTHING to do with a "god" who 'backs up' such disgusting practices??
    Jehovah is not backing up the “disgusting practices”. He cares for his children and that’s why he has made arrangements to wipe of all unhappiness and gives those victims hope.

Sacrificing children in this way is not something that "Jehovah" approves. This is 'a thing that He has not commanded and that had not come up into His heart'. Jeremiah 7:31
    You are right, Scully. I agree completely with this statement and so do all 6 million Witnesses.

There is no amount of Theocratic War Strategy that can be used to justify even ONE pedophile's existence within "God's clean organization".
    The Witnesses are not justifying the existence of pedophiles. Bad elements will infiltrate any organization and Jehovah’s organization is no exception. Jehovah does not approve of these elements, whether it be a child molester, fornicator, drunkard, murderer or any that brakes his commandments. Judicial Committees are designed to clean out these bad elements from the organization.

So, it's Jehovah who's keeping this off Dateline?
    That’s not what I posted. Please reread my post. I said that Dateline would not just take Mr. Bowens word without giving the Watchtower a chance to refute his accusations.

But I have to say that a superstitious, mythology believing little soul like yourself probably deserves to get back into the WTS. You should feel at home there.
    That’s a silly attempt to insult me. Try again.

Bill tried to get changes made from within.
    No doubt he tried, but at some time he lost control of himself.

what do you consider to be "proof" that Jehovah God is backing the Watchtower organization?
    Roybatty, be truthful, you don’t really want an answer, you’ve made your decision, live with it.

I was molested by an elder 35 years ago.
    I don’t know if you are truthful or not. I’m hoping you are and if you are I’m sorry you have suffered so much.

So, in whose hands is the safety of the children, if not people like Mr. Bowen?
    First in the hands of Jehovah, and secondly in the hands of their parents. Jehovah does not need Mr. Bowen to do his job. Jehovah has his own timetable for doing things.

My own father molested me while an elder throughout my teens, while I was an auxilllary and regular pioneer.
    Is he still an elder? Was he disciplined by the congregation?

He is a publisher.
    All witnesses are publishers.

He babysits for sisters in the KH while they are on Bible Studies.
    I doubt there would be any abuse done in the Kingdom Hall. If the parents are stupid enough to leave their children with this man, after you made it public in court, well I don’t know what to say except that they’re idiots.

Do … you ever read the Bible?
    Yes, I do, that’s why I have faith in Jehovah.

In Solomon's day, the Bible says, God raised up 'resisters'
    because the nation was rotten. These resisters - and prophets
    that were viewed as disloyal - did their work of exposure
    at God's direction.
    This is very true, but did those resisters leave Jehovah’s organization. Did they speak evil things about their God? Has Mr. Bowen been raised by God as a resister? Maybe he can answer that and I would like to know how he knows this.

As the daughter of a former PO and child molester, this is a sensitive issue for me. Why did the elders over 40 years ago slap my father's hand and make my sister feel guilty for provoking his attacks by the way she looked even though she was 8 years old?
    I don’t know what it is that you call a “slap on his hand”. You realize that this is only your version, how could you remember the details if you were younger that “three”? Someone obviously told you their version, maybe your sister, but unless you were there your accusations against the elders are not valid.

When is a good time for Jehovah to take care of this and "clean" His Organization?
    In all of the cases that you went through, the problem is not with cleaning the organization but with Jehovah getting rid of individual members that committed these atrocities. When will he eventually clean out all child molesters? Armageddon.

This is a serious discussion board.
    And this was a serious message that I posted to Mr. Bowen. I am not trolling, I did not direct the post to all apostates, but only to him.
  • Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Well, well, well..

I see you quoted and replied to just about everyone else's statements on this thread, but apparently you only reply to those which are convenient for you.

How about you direct your omnipotent wisdom within Jah's Organization to the inquiry I posed? Am I not worthy of your attention? Or is it that you simply hold no argument because you have none?

To make matters simpler for you, Ill copy and paste so you can understand, and not have to stress yourself into scrolling up too far on a mousepad.

Excuse me YoYo, doesnt your quote that "the organization is imperfect" directly contradict the verbal gesturing you so often hear from Elders and Pioneers that "the people are imperfect, but Jehovah's organization is perfect"

While were on the topic.. if your organization's very purpose is to sanctify Jehovah's holy name, and it is HIS organization directed by him on Earth, how would it be imperfect?

I await your reply, if you have one.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

I stand corrected. Jehovah's organization is perfect, but the members are imperfect. Unfortunately what to do with child molesters is not covered in the scriptures, so the brothers have handled child molesters like those that commit other sins such as fornication and adultary, by means of a judicial committee.

• edster
    edster

It appears to me that the Judicial Committee is a nothing but a kangaroo court held by incompetent elders. Totally ineffective and biased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit