Huge Shift in Doctrine?

by Lemonp 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

these days, the majority of the R&F couldn't list the finer points of WT eschatology if their lives depended on it

That phrase probably nails it. These days, very few JWs can explain what it is that they are supposed to believe:

- something that they once used to harshly criticise the "Churches of Christendom" for.

As a consequence, I would hazard to guess that most doctrinal shifts such as these ones would go clean over the heads of the vast majority of the R&F.

Bill

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I don't see this as "new light."

They're just saving on electricity and turning off some of the old lights.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Huge Shift in Doctrine?

I think you mispelt the topic title. I read the Watchtower references but could not find the letter "f" anywhere.

:poop:

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

IBSA

Intelligence? Artificial! - with lots of BS inside.

• fukitol
    fukitol

Ooh the GB are so clever, shedding new light on their fancy types and antitypes, as if they have even used those terms for decades and any JW under 40 has a frikken clue what they mean. Meanwhile they keep on doing exactly what they say they have stopped doing.

I deposit a huge bowel motion on their doctrine.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    LOL @ JWLeaks ! and fukitol ! The WT/JW Doctrines are a pile of poo, so a steaming dollop on top is quite appropriate !
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The reintroduction of types and anti-types means " Aw shucks you've got to expect us to bullshit a little since we are pressed to put something into the literature we publish attractive to the public "

........ come on !!!

We make up some bullshit and then say its comes from the bible and some stupid naive people believe it and this creates an organization where people are willing to work for us as are own sales representatives and give us money and power.

When that old bullshit isn't viably useful anymore we make up some more and again people believe it, putting more power and money in our hands.

• kaik
    kaik
    Some of the issues are not new. Rapture was taught to us in the late 1980's, and this was the first time I have ever encountered this word. Rapture became increasingly popular with extreme evangelical movements and WT just jumped into the bandwagon with them. Other issue is a pushed by necessity. As 1914 became distant year in a human history, they need to unwrap all the BS that was based on this doctrine. One of them is the 1918/1919 idiocy when they claimed that Bible Students were chosen by Jesus after for 3.5 years he was examining world's religion and discover a pack of prisoners charged with sedition in USA. I think it was 1919 year when they started to claim to be God's exclusive channel of communication. In order to unwrap from 1914, they need to erase all the theology tied to it. Since it been almost 100 years, they have must create new sets of doctrines, but this takes a years to establish. I see it as releasing balloons in the year, and which does not get shut down will eventually groomed as a new "truth".
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Agree Kaik, the toughest challenge they face will be dropping 1914 altogether.

If they do, they can just continue on proselytizing that the end is still coming soon without having that anchor of a date 1914.

• kaik
    kaik
    Yes, Finkelstein, they will need to fade the 1914 all together. However, have you seen how ambiguous and neutral WT wordings had became? I think they just trying to release couple BS doctrines and put wait-and-see attitudes to see which one would stick to the JW crowd. It seems that they testing what their members will accept and than groom it as the new truth. It is hilarious, but also very sad manipulation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit