Huge Shift in Doctrine?

by Lemonp 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

I am not sure why more people aren't talking about this?

The March 15 study edition of the WT has some major changes!

- All unbiblical "types and antitypes" are now dropped. Unless the bible references the "type" directly it is just a story or illustration.

- Now the rapture is a thing, with annointed being taken shortly before armageddon.

- 1919 is no longer a special date; dealt with in a special box too!

The biggest change I see is the "types and antitypes" this will wipe out so many prophecies or applied fulfillments. How do they get to 1914? The tree dream in Daniel 4... a chapter that is never mentioned anywhere else in the bible, not even a paraphrase if i have done my research enough.

So am I right to see these as really big changes? or am I mistaken?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well the tree dream they have always related to jesus words about the gentile times, the only connection between the two being the the single word "time", but they did do a big service meeting part with a video about 6 months ago affirming the teaching so it does not appear to be changing anytime soon.

as for the 1919 teaching i havnt seen it because i cant be bothered to read the rags. Do you have copy paste?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

well if you saw the same thing I did, they contradict themselves in one those very study lessons, by once again trying to explain what something represents, right after they tell you not to do that, lol! the questions from the readers is clearly not from a reader, and is not at all clear. I sat at teh table at my mothers house and read several paragraphs to her and tried to get her to grasp what they were doing. she still didn't get it. oh well.

• Lemonp
    Lemonp

"Humans cannot know which Bible accounts are shadows of things to come and which are not. The clearest course is this: Where the Scriptures teach that an individual, an event, or an object is typical of something else, we accept it as such. Otherwise, we ought to be reluctant to assign an antitypical application to a certain person or account if there is no specific Scriptural basis for doing so." - Questions from Readers WT Mar15 2015

That is the type and antitype deal there. Very precise language.

Same as what was said at the AGM: AGM quote went "Where the scriptures say something is a type, we accept it as such. Where the scriptures are silent, we are silent"

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015206

It also repeats the plagiarised teaching from the NET Bible (Matthew 24:48 footnote) that the evil slave is hypothetical!

• Lemonp
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    In other words, the GB reckon they will stop making up pretend explanations for biblical content??
  • Lemonp
    Lemonp

Former explanation: In 1919, Jesus rewarded his anointed slaves on earth by entrusting them with increased responsibility.

Adjusted explanation: When Christ comes in the future, he will reward his faithful anointed slaves by raising them to heaven.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Thank you for the link, that does seem pretty big but i need to think about the implications....

one that jumps to mind is that jesus supposedly inspected and choose them in 1919 and they use a bunch of trumpet blasts in revelation to prove it... So is that all gone now? They also used that tripe to justify themselves as being choosen the faithful slave. So is that gone? How do they prove they were choosen if it wasnt after the temple inspection ?? The more im thinking on this the more it seems a pretty big deal

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't think this means they are dropping the "choosing" of the FDS in 1919. They are simply trying to obfuscate things, they have said for a while that Jesus will come in judgement in the future, when he will bless the FDS even more, and take them to Heaven.

But nowhere do they deny the fictional 1919 choosing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit