1975 ???

by Scorpion 91 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Smartassgirl,

I can now see that you are here to be a jerk and nothing else. It's too bad you're not smart enough to seriously answer any questions.

I do understand though. You are being put to the test for your religion, and you have failed that test miserably, so far. So what you do is lash out. It's all you can do since you don't have the info to back up what you say or refute what others say.

TR- who knows a clueless smartassgirl when he sees one

• ianao
    ianao

Just forget it TR.

Smartgirlpw is not interested in anything but sticking her two cents in and then "up your butt with a rubber hose" if you do not agree with her. There is no discussion with people like this, all you can do is pitty them.

Smarty, we are interested in your original comments regarding bros/sisters and 1975. You stated your opinions, I stated that I was sorry for you. It sounds like YOU were the one with a nerve struck.

Oh, BTW...

May God help you Smartgirlpw!

Edited by - ianao on 22 January 2001 11:19:12

• Smartgirlpw
    Smartgirlpw

Edited by - Smartgirlpw on 23 January 2001 16:29:34

• JAVA
    JAVA
    JAVA:

She is truly a master at evasion. She has managed to do it again.

ianao, I didn't really expect an answer that answered. I only wanted to point out the obvious. I don't believe this person is "master at evasion," because one who masterfully evades does so without others knowing it. Clearly, that's not the case here.

JAVA, counting time at the Coffee Shop

• LDH
    LDH

SmartGirl,

Everyone on this board has personal experiences that make them who they are.

So you are smart, huh? Well I am too. Valedictorian of my graduating class, youngest person in my state to be licensed to sell series 7 & 63. Moved on, now have a sizeable stake in an e-business. Yes, I would like to be farther ahead economically than I am, even though my husband and I have two homes and are working on a third. Even though we enjoy many of life's luxuries, black-tie parties, travel, etc I would *love* to be farther ahead than I am now. My equally intelligent worldly peers WERE *light years* ahead of me, developmentally. That was about 6 years ago. Then I determined to live my life as I saw fit. Now I have caught up and passed most of them.

But DON'T come on this board and tell people like me that we're whining and having a pity party, because your knowledge of situations of people like myself is shallow at best.

I was raised by an Uber-Elder, in a cong. where Pioneers were Gods. College was NOT an option, thanks to all of the unwanted advice dispensed by 'God's Faithful Servant' in the early 80's. So I pio'd for three plus years. I know I speak for HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Witness Gen-Xers whose worldly friends are CEOs and CFO and COO of HUNDREDS of e-businesses while they wash windows. This somehow brings glory to Jehovah?!?!

Maybe it's easy for you to make fun of others, maybe you haven't experienced what thousands have. Maybe your time will still come, when you do what the Society tells you to do (they'll cite the scripture about being a good-for-nothing-slave) and then later they will tell you did it all on your own, and jumped to conclusions.

Why else would my Dad, Mr. Anti-college in the 80's, now say the Society NEVER said don't go to college? Even when I and others show him direct quotes from WT and A?!?! This doesn't mean I don't love him, I love him with all of my heart. But I am DISAPPOINTED with his lack of acknowledgement about what a large, *unnecessary* part the Society played in ours and other's lives. I don't think I would have had this epiphany about 1975 and the Society's denial if something similar hadn't happened to me, with college and now the 1995 changing of the term generation.

That doesn't mean that there aren't OTHERS on this board who still love Jehovah, perhaps MORE now than when they were faithful JWs and loved the WBTS, thinking the two are interchangeable. Or that there aren't other brothers and sisters who are disappointed with the way the WBTS conducts themselves, treating adults as if they are children and incapable of making even the most minute decision in their lives.

So go ahead and tell people they're having a pity party. What they are really doing is looking for ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. They find that on this board and others. Maybe it doesn't mean anything to you now, but wait until YOU are *severly* wronged and the guilty party refuses to admit the role they played. You'll be licking your wounds with the rest of the friends here.

Why don't you go read the post I started on what the WBTS needs to do to stop the blood loss, i.e., the thousands leaving their organization daily. What you need to realize, every suggestion on that post comes from people seeing LIVES being affected for the worse, and wanting it to stop. Maybe then you can display some of the same tenderness and compassion our Lord Jesus Christ did when in the company of imperfect humans.

"Everyone thought you were a horse until you opened your mouth and brayed like a jackass."

So much for Mondays.

• ianao
    ianao
    First of all, it takes one to know one.

A justified retaliation. You were directly insulted.

Obviously, insight eludes some people.

Another attempt to ensue further argument. Your insight is another's foolishness. Their insight is your foolishness.

Thirdly, I'm merely holding my stance, the same as you guys are?

Yes you are. As are we.

So, I guess you're no better than me.

This is true, however one must note that nobody thought anyone was better or worse. If that is how you have taken things, then you need to re-adjust your thinking. Sympathy does not denote superiority.

try to chill

Another attempt at insuing argument with personal insult. The implication is that others have gone overboard.

Smartgirlpw, you asked me early on if the Truth hurts. YES IT DOES. When I found out the TRUTH about the WTBTS, it hurt very much. I thought they had the definate, absoloute TRUTH. I now find that they only have a different interpretation than others.

BTW, you addressed me as if I were a DF/DA'd JW. I AM NOT. I will never be a JW in it's current 1914 dogmatic beurocratic (spelling) configuration.

Yes it does HURT me Smartgirlpw, elspecially when you are espoused to bible truths, and then betrayed by the very same people who BREAK THEIR OWN RULES.

You made a statement earlier:

If those so called brothers were sincere, they would not have fallen away and still be hung-up on Jehovah's Witnesses and feel the need to bash others for their feelings and opinions and engage in imposing their viewpoints to the point of rudeness ("stupid").

The term "so called brothers" is an insult, especially with ones on this board who wish WT reform and still believe it as God's channel. At least half of these people were "thrown out" because they disagreed with the Society, and the others DAd because their conciences would not allow active membership.

The many people on this board who "bash Jehovah's Witnesses" as you say are not bashing JWs, they are bashing the WTBTS, who is indeed responsible for their pain and suffering. If you regard my comments directed at you to be "bashing Jehovah's Witnesses", I would implore you to re-read the post, as I was commenting on YOU not taking your religion seriously. I call it your religion because you stated that you were seeking reinstatement in an earlier post on another thread. You attitude regarding "so called brothers" and "falling away" also reinforces this.

Also, the "imposing of viewpoints" comes partly from those who truly HATE JWs, and from others who do not wish to see another human being live through the trauma of "new light" that contradicts the "old light", and leaves them lost in the ocean.

I agree with JAVA, and I think you are correct regarding the "1975 fiasco". Maybe it was to weed out people who were NOT loyal to a group of men who profess themselves (and their followers) PROPHETS! The problem is, what happens when loyalty to the org overrides loyalty to Jehovah God? THAT is when things get tricky, and that is the root of the argument that started, and your obvious belief in the org. as "God's organization" is why I still feel sorry for you.

• Smartgirlpw
    Smartgirlpw

Edited by - Smartgirlpw on 23 January 2001 16:30:51

• ianao
    ianao
    I guess you guys have your little clique going on here,too, just like the hall.

Yet another insult! Bravo!

The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree, does it, Lisa?

And another insult! Wow! Two insults!

And the gossip...my goodness. The mean-spiritedness of those and only those who have demonstrated that here to me today is simply nothing less than pitiful.

And another insult re: gossip and mean-spiritedness. (you can pitty whom ever you like, of course.)

I certainly don't know any of you personally and yet everything is taken so personally, as if you really cared about my feelings about you ("you" as in those of you who have prejudged my intentions without getting to know me).

We DO care about you, and we care about your feelings toward us. That makes us human. The fact that you are on this board, and the fact that you have posted certain things in other places shows that you were needing someone to talk to. Unfortunately, your big mouth (or should I say fingers?) is why we've "prejudged" you, as you put it. (First impressions are always the most important, remember.)

Maybe those of you who became enraged with me (and you know who you are) are just angry that you could not persuade me to your way of thinking....just a thought....

No, I have explained to you why I have responded in the manner I have. You are a very insulting person. You are also a good doubletalker. You are judging just as much as you claim we are. Your initial statement which pre-judges others is what warrented my response in the first place. Your "generalities" are viewed by many to be insulting, and you know what? I think you know it. I think you knew it all along. I think you are a very malicious person who likes a good debate. I think your whole intention was to get the good "laugh" you claimed to get earlier. I don't care what else you add to it, what else you "generalize" or "rationalize" in that head of yours, the posts here are proof positive.

If you don't like this board, then press ALT-F4 on your keyboard. Plain and simple.

Nobody minds a debate, but when the debate becomes a debate about the debate, then it is not a fruitful debate (i.e. discussion). This is a discussion board. Please discuss the topic 1975, or quit posting.

By the way, you have your own "wounds to lick" because you made your other post about what the elders did to you, only when another tried to tend to your wound, you questioned their motives.

Don't expect me to lick any more of your wounds. You leave a foul taste in my mouth.

Edited by - ianao on 22 January 2001 12:42:43

• LDH
    LDH

Smartgril,

It only seems to me that someone who refers to herself as smart would think twice before telling a whole group of people that *they* are to blame for their own problems.

I don't think anyone here will fail to accept responsibility for ALLOWING the Society to dictate FAR MORE than they EVER should have. But that doesn't alleviate the burden that is the Society's, namely that they have overstepped their bounds and are continuing to do so.

Example: go tell a cigarette smoker it's all *their* fault. They won't deny their addiction, but they will be vocal in letting you know that the companies producing cigs had no right to add an addictive substance that they knew was harmful to health.

No one here is acting like everything wrong in their life is the fault of the Society. But YOU are minimizing the impact the Society has/had on people's lives, and that's what we don't like.

It's insulting, and most of the people on this board have been insulted one too many times to hear it from a newcomer.

You must be new to the internet. Every community has unspoken rules. You don't just browse and jump in like you're some pariah. I have only used this board a few times, but I will tell you everyone I met here has respect for the other person's point of view. We DON'T tell people they're crybabies, and that they're whining.

If you were on another, not so kind board, you'd be getting flamed.

Maybe you *do* speak in generalities, but when your generalities are insulting, well.....

• JT
    JT

Smartgirl stated
    --I've been df'd for 7 yrs., so how do you attribute my feelings as that I'm in too deep with WTS?

it depends upon what you were DFed for - I personally have DFed many folks who will defend the WT till the death- so merely being DFed has little to do with it

now if it was due to Doctrinal issues then that is a horse of a different color

i know many persons who feel that the grounds on which they were DFed were correct-aka getting a little "nookie" on the side , etc.

but i have never met or spoken to via email or on the phone anyone who has been DFed for Doctrinal reason who feels that way

and the reason is simply - when the wt dogmas are really tested and put to the fire many of them do not stand up

personally i believe wt would have been just fine

if they had stayed with bible commentary, they got into trouble when they went from merely students of the word---

to the only mouth pc on the face of the earth that can properly explain the will of god

now that is the core and foundation dogma of wt - whether you realize that or not is up to you, but the core teaching of wt is

"We are the only ones who understand the will of god and we will tell you and you better not question us"

but i would highly recommend you do some serious research on the matter this way you can at least speak from a position of being informed.

as for getting me "Pi$$ed" off as it has been put per say

not anymore - if you had caught me a few yrs back i would go around the barn with you- not any more

as i stated when i first came to this site

"After arguing with folks for over 30yrs as to whether Jesus died on a "Light Pole or Telephone"

i find it useless to do

- but if someone is interested in being informed i am more than delighted to share with them what i personally know about how the org operates

when i was at bethel Sisters like you were looked down upon as being worse than Pigs to a Jew

most sisters were never viewed as having a brain beyond selling wt as reg pioneers-

if you could have heard the way some "Bethel Heavies" viewed sisters like you- it ain't even funny

but as i stated if you would like to be better informed then this is the place- i welcome you to stick around for we all can learn something from each other

just my 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit