How do deaf people think?

by Iamallcool 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

00Dad, I was born deaf as a JW too.

Diest, I am not a fan of Marlee Matlin, Some deaf people do not like her, I am one of them.

Still Thinking, About your question if I 'hear' Jesus he would be signing to me? I really do not understand your question. P.S. By the way, I am not religious at all.

• Diest
    Diest

Tell me why they dont like her...I am curious, it is a culture I know next to nothing about.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Bugger!....I was hoping you could answer that. Never mind lamallcool...maybe someone else can.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

They think with their brains. How do they smell?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Diest, to answer your question quickly, She is very conceited and She also has a stuck up attitude when she is not in the public eye. I have never met her before, but I do not like conceited people at all. I am not interested to meet her in my lifetime. I have heard other stories about her too, enough said.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Jeffro, Deaf people can smell, smh.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Jeffro, Deaf people can smell, smh.

LOL. That wasn't what I meant. It was a joke.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks for sharing the article, I learned a lot. I was thinking about Helen Keller while reading it, I guess she's a classic example of what learning a language can do for a deaf person, and by extension, all of us.

I remember reading an article about feral children with the same problem. Not deafness, but lacking self-awareness and thinking ability because no one talked to them in those early important years.

• dgp
    dgp

Great post, Iamallcool.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hortensia...I agree. That article was one of the more interesting I have read lately. tI does clearly show the importance language and communication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit