What has happened in JW land in 7 years

by Lease 34 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The organisation is a mother!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The surviving GB are in their 50's because the door for the anointed did not shut in 1935.

There is no longer a separate book study meeting. It is a short part of the weeknight meeting (with a shorter school and service meeting). Public talks are 30 minutes. They have one AWAKE per month, one public WATCHTOWER and one members-only WATCHTOWER with the study articles. Starting in January 2013, the Mag's will be reduced from 32 to 16 pages.

Despite many little changes, it hasn't really changed. But money issues are causing them to reduce printing and sell property. It isn't an apparent panic, but there's always hope. They've closed some branches and pretty much own the individual Kingdom Halls.

There are rumors that conventions may drop Fridays and just be 2-days. We will see.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Miracle Wheat didn't work

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

try a carrier pigeon

• Lease
    Lease

Thanks everyone for the updates. I didn't even remember how often the awake or wt were published, i didnt even remember how many pages they were. when i left, mentally, i did not give any thought to all that i had memorized or any information of any jw stuff. wow, little bits came back to me when i read your posts. well, i think that is enough of thinking of jw stuff to last me a good long while. take care and thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit