What has happened in JW land in 7 years

by Lease 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Lease
    Lease

I have been out for 10 years. Barely in the last 3 before that. I do not speak to any JW's. I have not a clue what is going on with them. Do they still have disfellowshipping? Rules still the same? Same meetings? World still ending? End of gentile times still going? Elders called elders? Why? do i want to know?.....i guess curiosity. I was relaxing and on tv came this commercial for a program about a murder. A JW family where the husband is suspected of killing his wife. I did not see the program. But, came to check out this site instead. Once every rare while i want to talk to someone about JW. I just do not have any one around me that knows of my past JW experience. They would not get it. So, once every rare while, I want to talk to someone about it who knows. So, I am here. Any one with any updates.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Did you see the society's new "Throw Away the Toy Story"? Its a winner! All over YouTube (actually its called Become Jehovah's Friend: Listen, Obey and Be Blessed)

• Lease
    Lease

No. I am not on the computer much. I dont twitter, face book, or you tube. B of C ... do you have JW connections to what is going on in the JW organization?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LEASE:

Hello! The JW religion is being seriously exposed, which it deserves to be. Many new people are coming on the forum because they are fed-up with the religion and can no longer believe in it or defend it.

Some recent changes in the religion: credit-debit machines in assembly halls; no more Tuesday night home bookstudy; this meeting is incorporated into Thursday night; there are more people claiming to be anointed and the religion isn't happy about this; there are two WT magazines, one for the public (shorter and sweeter) and one for insiders. Maybe I left a few things out.

A lot of people still in aren't buying it all and they are worried about saving for retirement. Some are aware Armageddon won't come soon enough to solve their problems!

• whathappened
    whathappened

The last time I checked it was still a cult.

• poppers
    poppers

Google Candace Conti.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Generation means "overlapping generation." WTS is downsizing Bethels around the world and they are accepts credit cards. They've paid out quite a bit of money due to hiding child abuse. Starting 2013 their magazines are going to be 16pages and they have public edition of watchtower and one for their own, also a simplified version if you can't comprehend the regular edition. They got a new song book which from what I hear sounds worse then ever.

I think that's about it, don't forget the end is any day, we're in last days of the last days :)

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Nothing substantial has changed with the JWs in the past 7 years. A few organizational arrangements, perhaps. Mild doctrinal shifts--very mild. All of us apostates get excited--but there might not even be a "there" there.

Basically, they've rearranged some deck chairs on the Titanic.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The trends you noticed back in 2005 are still going. Less entertainment, simpler comments that stick to the words of the paragraph, fewer and simpler boasting sessions, more Waste of Paper Distribution Campaigns, and people are wusses when it comes to arguing with people from other religions. They ditched the separate book study in 2009, they released a new songbook (that is even worse than the one they had before) for use starting in 2010, they had 2 separate new understandings of "a generation", and they are still lying to inflate their numbers above the 7 million mark.

I believe it could get even worse. Not the Kool-Aid end, not the fiery end. But, people could be forced to do monastery type service, entertainment totally banned, and field circus expanded so you are up all day doing it at the exclusion of everything else. This could be gradually implemented, or it could happen suddenly (usually the gradual implementation works better for them). Education is already being bashed again--the D.E.A.D. added to your degree (and not just because of the real student debt issue, but because you should be wasting your time pious-sneering instead). As for pious-sneering, already they have the 30-hour special before the REJECT Astaroth (and Jesus) Party with a guilt trip for anyone that doesn't do it.

• tank
    tank

Are there any two day assemblies? or are they all one day long now.

How long is the sunday meeting now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit