favorite cars you have owned

by fakesmile 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• loosie
    loosie

I will always love my first car, 1990 silver honda civic 2 DOOR. I was a JW, I paid for it all myself, I was 20 years old. Some 18 year old sister said to me aren't you going to get a 4 door for service. I said well if someone wants to buy me a 4 door car go ahead... but this is what I can afford.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Mine was a 1986 K-car. The best airconditioning I've ever had, it blew snowballs. I bought it for 200.00 and drove it till it blew up. Loved that little box of fun. Putfile seems to be dead so I can't post a photo of one, sorry.

• moshe
    moshe

I have owned about 50 cars in my life- I'd like to have my 1962 fuel injected Corvette back--

this one sold for over $73,000

• james_woods
    james_woods

Route 66, Moshe. I really liked the 1961 and 1962 updated rear styling better than the early models. And I am starting to like the idea of the 1962 not having the two-tone coves better as time goes by.

But somehow I hated that new rear style at first, and only started liking it when the 1963-1967 Sting Ray cars came out and that made me get used to it.

I think I built about 100 AMT 1/24th kits of those Corvettes back in those days.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

ucant. lol, some duct tape and it could have been a gullwing

jgnat. some real beauties

james w, depending on your location i might have been one of the ricers ridin you to 120

aregentia in an alpha would be nice, convertible right?

james b, sorry about the javelin. its very 70s,

designs, cool. unfortunatly i came up after air quality laws and 2.50 gas. my dad always told me how i missed out on some great autos.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

moshe, wow. that is HOT

• elderelite
    elderelite

Woods, you are a contrary bastard. I argued with you on another thread that porsche was the best car dollar for dollar and you argued disagreed.... Now you are making my point...? You are unworthy of porsche.

As for me and my house hold, we shall choose porsche!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james w, depending on your location i might have been one of the ricers ridin you to 120

But not up to 185? I too am a ricer of sorts - my lady has a Mazda Miata and she loves it.

aregentia in an alpha would be nice, convertible right?

Alfa. But I too would like to know what model, Las Malvinas...

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

you are absolutely correct james in both senses. and loosie, you cant get any better more reliability for ur $. the integra is the same chassis as the civic. its like a go kart

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Woods, you are a contrary bastard. I argued with you on another thread that porsche was the best car dollar for dollar and you argued disagreed.... Now you are making my point...? You are unworthy of porsche.

You are correct - I am a contrary bastard. However, the point that I am making here was that the Porsche 911 remains my FAVORITE - not that it is the BEST on an ultimate scale of car status.

I say the 911 is my favorite because of the practicality and usability.

The Ferrari is still better in view of its royal status.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit