Lost my best friend (man's best friend)

by Coffee House Girl 46 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

So sorry for Coffee House Girl, your dog was absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy that you had a friend when you needed one, and your memories of your time together will provide you with lovely mental pictures forever. I hope that when you are ready, you find yet another dog to make new memories and share your life with.

• loosie
  • AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

What a beautiful dog, CHG. I am sure you were both united with the best possible match for each other. You seem like such a lovely person and I am certain you took such wonderful care of your doggie. He was very fortunate to have you rescue him, and I am so happy he was able to give you such wonderful love and happiness as well

When we end up losing our pupa, Sampson, it will be very hard. He has seizures and they are becoming more frequent. I happened to own him because my former clients basically got divorced and they didn't want to take care of them (were two dogs). I rented her farm house, and she told me I could do whatever I wanted with them (De Lila & Sampson). Well, to me there was no other option than for me taking ownership of them. So that is what we did. I had taken care of them when I was looking after her mother. The Dogs are labs and were in a 10x6 kennel for most of the days I worked for my clients, but when I had the dogs, soon after we had them in a makeshift chicken coop. At least they had a door to go in & out of the barn, to keep from the Winter elements. We still felt bad to have to keep them outdoors, but with 3 indoor cats and another dog we took in, the house was too small and we were worried about all of them together.

A year later the Mr. comes back stating he is coming back for Sampson. I wasn't home but my g-friend's son was told this and he was upset, and rightly so. We never saw that bastard again (and trust me, he was). Another year passes and the house goes into foreclosure cuz my former client neglected to tell me she was not paying her mortgage. We moved an entire house with all the animals in 1 1/2 days with the help of friends I can never repay. In all this, she tells me she is taking Lila back with her to Texas. We were heartbroken and I cried saying my goodbyes to her.

When we moved to our new rented home, it was truly a blessing and amazing that we have such understanding landlords who accepted all the animals we had! Everything just worked out so perfect with the short notice, as we had only seen the place days before. Well, Sampson is an inside dog now, and we joke the old boy has paid his dues. He was never taken to the vet, so we got him checked out, shots, etc. He suffers from heartworm, Arteritis (not arthritis) and seizures. He is also 10 or more years old, and so we know his time will come.

We thought we lost him one time, not realizing it was a seizure and Rho's son went to the neighbors to get a rifle to put him out of his misery. Of course I'm freaking out saying you can't do that! I was at a client's and could not get home, so while everyone's crying, including me, I say, please hold the phone up to Sampson's ear so I can say goodbye. So I tell him, "I love you Pupa! You have been such a good dog. I love you Sampson!" They tell me all of a sudden he tried to get up, but couldn't for a little while. Thank God Luke didn't get the gun!!

Anyway, every time I come home (which is every 5-6 days), he wines, rolls on the ground for me to scratch his belly, gets up, whines, goes on the floor again. Then I let him out..lol But I always make sure every night as he goes downstairs for the evening with his bone, I tell him, "I love you, Pupa! I'll see you tomorrow. I love you, Sampson.", and I tell him like it might be the last time he hears the love in my voice. Because one day, it just might be.

Take care of yourself, CHG

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am so sorry. I love dogs. I lost both of my dogs a few years ago. It took me several months to get a new dog. I did. You'll know when the time is right. You have a gift with dogs. You're too good with dogs to not bless one with your loving home.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

CHG, I was unable to reply when i first read your post because i was too choked up. So terribly sorry you had to say goodby to your dear furbaby. When my son died I had a 4month old puppy. He totally saved my life. I couldn't succumb to my grief because I HAD to take care of him. He was so goofy and innocent he made me laugh every day-even when i didn't feel like it. Now he's getting older and your post reminded me that before too long I too, will have to say goodby to my friend, protector, and pseudo-son.

I hope, in time, you can find another pet that completes your loving family.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

CHG - I am so sorry to hear of your loss, that is tough and I hope you can muster the strength to have an NEW BF.

I am not able to have a dog due to my traveling schedule, but if I did he would look like this:

http://imgfave.com/view/1243846

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Aww, thanks again so much for your replies and doggie stories, they do choke me up but I was honored to read of all of your experiences.

CHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit